Start your day with a thick, creamy and protein-packed strawberry smoothie that you can eat with a spoon! Topped with crushed wholegrain graham crackers and fresh fruit, this healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl is like having dessert for breakfast!
If you've read my blog for any amount of time, then it's probably pretty obvious that I looooove smoothies. Whether I whip one up for breakfast, lunch, or snack, it seems like there's rarely a day that passes when I don't blend together some sweet concoction. I just love how filling and satisfying they are (and it doesn't hurt that they taste like a milkshake)!
But you know what? For all of the smoothies that I've shared on this site, I think it's funny that I've never actually photographed a smoothie BOWL, since that's normally how I enjoy my shakes. Long before smoothie bowls became a trendy "thing" on Pinterest, I discovered that my super-thick beverages were much easier to eat with a spoon rather than a straw.
So I have been pouring them into big bowls for years, and then topping them with anything that sounds good -- typically cereal, nuts, fruit, and peanut butter! That's the only way to keep me fueled throughout a busy morning without feeling the pangs of hunger an hour later...
Since it was high time I shared a smoothie bowl with all of you, I figured that there's no better place to start than with a fresh strawberry blend. After all, I look forward to strawberry season in Virginia all.year.long. -- so I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl Variations;
- Top your smoothie bowl with whatever fruit you prefer such as banana, kiwi and blueberries
- Added whipped cream is perfect if you're enjoying this for dessert
- Even try adding some white chocolate chips
- You can use other berries such as raspberries if you don't have strawberries
[Tweet "Start the day with a protein-packed #Strawberry Cheesecake #Smoothie Bowl! #FitFluential"]
Want to check out some of my other favorite smoothies? These can ALL be poured into a bowl and topped with delicious goodies...Smoothie Bowl-Style!
- Banoffee Pie Protein Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie
- Upside Down Pineapple Cake Protein Shake
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl
- ¾ cup sliced strawberries divided
- ¼ cup cottage cheese I used non-fat, but any type will work
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla or strawberry-flavored protein powder
- 2 cups ice or more or less, depending on how thick you like your smoothie
- ½ sheet wholegrain graham cracker crushed*
- Optional: whipped cream for garnish
- Combine ½ cup strawberries, cottage cheese, almond milk, protein powder, and ice in a blender and mix until smooth, thick, and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with remaining ¼ cup of sliced strawberries, graham cracker crumbs, and whipped cream. Serve immediately!