Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
If you haven’t already noticed, I’m a big fan of my slow cooker. I use it at least once a week because it’s a great time-saver. I throw some ingredients into the pot in the morning, and dinner is hot and waiting for us at the end of the day. It’s like magic!
Another thing that’s like magic? This Slow Cooker Beef Barbecue! It reminds me of the beef barbecue that my mom makes on the stovetop – sweet, tender, and full of flavor. Pure comfort food, in my book!
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need;
- Beef Chuck Roast
- Barbecue Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Liquid Smoke
- Garlic Powder
- Sandwich Buns (optional)
So even though Keith is a master smoker and makes the best smoked barbecue around town, I rely on these sandwiches for a satisfying weeknight meal when my resident Smoke Master is otherwise occupied. And by the way — Keith and the boys totally give this dinner the stamp of approval!
Serve the barbecue sandwiches with coleslaw or salad and potato chips on the side, and your family will be very happy!
What To Do With Leftovers
If you have left-overs, the meat freezes really well. A good way to switch it up? Stuff the extra barbecue in tacos, in quesadillas, on pizza, or inside a baked potato!
More Beef Recipes To Try:
- 4-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
- Dump and Bake Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Melt In Your Mouth Braised Beef Brisket
Slow Cooker Beef Barbecue
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 2.5 - 3 lbs.)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 ¾ cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: sandwich buns, split (for serving)
- Spray the liner of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the roast and the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except for buns. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until beef is tender. Remove meat from the pot. Skim any fat from cooking liquid. Shred beef with two forks and return meat to slow cooker. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Place meat on sandwich buns and serve.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Barbecue was originally published in April, 2013. The photos were updated in June, 2017.
Aren’t slow cookers the best? I use mine all the time, and couldn’t live without it. Love the looks of this barbecue beef, Blair! I always make bbq pork, but I will have to try the beef version. Looks so good for sandwiches!
Thanks, Gayle! The slow cooker always saves the day when I’m tired and uninspired! 🙂
Love my slow cooker!! We just had slow cooker BBQ pulled pork yesterday and it is always a sure hit! Will have to try it with beef next time.
We love the beef as an easy alternative to pork. I hope that you get to try it, Jennifer! 🙂
Mmm I could do with this on a bun with a big side of coleslaw right now, delicious!
Yes!!! I hope that you get to try it soon, Emily!