Back when this blog was still brand new, I shared a family recipe for Ambrosia. That Ambrosia has been served on holiday tables for as long as I can remember, and I make it regularly for my own little family as well. And as much as I love the “original” Ambrosia, I also have fun experimenting with other sweet fruit salads. They pair so well with savory dishes, and the kids love that they get a “treat” for dinner. If you’re serving Easter brunch, this is the perfect, pretty companion to a holiday ham!
We call this “Pink Ambrosia Salad” because the red maraschino cherries turn the Cool Whip a very pale pink color. It’s beautiful! The salad also comes together in about 5 minutes, so it couldn’t be easier. Garnish your dish with some extra marshmallows or some sweetened shredded coconut, too. It will make your weeknight dinner feel a little bit more fun!
Pink Ambrosia Salad
Yield 4 -6
- 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 8.25 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 ounce jar sliced maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the whipped topping until all of the fruit is completely coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more delicious salads? Try these: