With just one skillet, 20 minutes, and a handful of pantry ingredients, this One Skillet Mongolian Beef with Broccoli is an easy dinner that's sure to please the whole family!
You know what it's like when you get a craving for take out but you don't want the guilt of feeding your family something unhealthy for dinner. The thing is when it comes to sticky, rich and delicious Mongolian beef I can have all the the flavor and taste of my favorite dish minus the guilt and save some cash in the process.
So when I’m craving Mongolian Beef, I simply get in the kitchen and make it myself. And you know what? It tastes so much better and could not be easier to make!
What Is The Best Beef To Use To Make Mongolian Beef?
I find that flank steak is the best option for making Mongolian beef it's the most common cut to use for this recipe but you could also try using sirloin which I think could work quite well too.
Making The Delicious Mongolian Beef Sauce - What's In It?
The sauce is super simple and packs a punch of flavor, seriously this is the type of dish that everyone will want seconds off and it's all down to the incredible sauce. So here's what you need;
- Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ginger
- Brown Sugar
With just one skillet, 20 minutes, and a handful of pantry ingredients, my One Skillet Mongolian Beef with Broccoli is an easy dinner that the entire family will love!
I think that the meat and veggies are great on their own, but my boys like to pile them high on top of sticky white rice – restaurant style! However you serve it, this weeknight Mongolian Beef is a simple and delicious meal that will satisfy your Chinese food cravings – no matter where you live!
Tips For Making Mongolian Beef
- Cooking for Two? Just cut the recipe in half, or prepare a full recipe and enjoy the leftovers the next day. Cold Chinese food is a "thing," right?!
- Want to Prep Ahead? I like to make the sauce in advance and just leave it covered on the counter until I need it. Right before using the sauce, give it a whisk to make sure that the cornstarch has not settled at the bottom. You can also slice the meat and prepare the broccoli ahead of time (keep it refrigerated until ready to use).
More Delicious Beef Recipes You Might Like;
- Southern Bourbon Glazed Beef Tenderloin
- Farmhouse Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 10-Minute Beef Teriyaki Skillet
- Korean Beef Kabobs
One Skillet Mongolian Beef with Broccoli
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup cold water plus additional as needed
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger or about ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or about ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 lb. flank steak trimmed of fat and sliced thin against the grain
- Prepare the Sauce: In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar until completely combined. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the broccoli and stir for about 1 minute. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add meat to the skillet in a single layer (still over high heat) and cook for about 1 minute – do not stir or move the meat while it is browning. Flip the meat, cook on the other side for about 30 more seconds, and then remove to the plate with the broccoli.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and bring to a boil, then allow to simmer while whisking until the sauce thickens (about 1-2 minutes). If the sauce gets too thick, just add additional water until it reaches desired consistency. Add broccoli and beef back to the skillet and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve over rice.