Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
You only need 5 ingredients, one skillet and about 10 minutes to pull together an easy Beef Teriyaki dinner that will rock your over-scheduled-world!
You race in the door, drop your bags, and glance up at the clock. You have less than 30 minutes to make, serve, and devour dinner with your family before heading back out for soccer practice…a Board meeting…or that dance class that your daughter just had to take.
But before you crawl under your bed in a fetal position and pretend that you’re sipping a margarita on a tropical island far, far away (or is that just my fantasy in moments like this?!), take a deep breath and…grab a skillet.
You only need 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes to pull together an easy Beef Teriyaki dinner that will rock your over-scheduled-world!
When your kids sit down to this sweet, rich, and flavorful meat, you won’t have to coax them to eat their meal or bribe them to try just.one.bite. It’s delicious and kid-friendly when wrapped in a tortilla (like an Asian Taco!) or when served over rice to soak up that thick sauce.
If you’re going for a lower-carb option for yourself, try lettuce wraps. You’ll want to use big, leafy butter lettuce so that you can fold it up restaurant-style.
I swear you’ll think that you’re dining at P.F. Chang’s instead of in your own messy kitchen with backpacks strewn on the floor and unfinished homework scattered across the counter…
Ingredients You Need
This dinner cooks in about 10 minutes, and you can make it completely PREP-FREE by using some frozen diced onion. That eliminates the need to even pull out a cutting board, and it’s one of my favorite kitchen short-cuts.
Tip: While the meat is cooking, you can make your rice and steam a bag of broccoli in the microwave.
You really can bring order to the madness of weeknight dinners with easy 10-minute recipes like this one-skillet beef teriyaki. Not to sound too dramatic, but it might just change your life (or your Tuesday night)…
Extra Tips For Making Quick Beef Teriyaki
Cooking for Two? You can freeze half of the cooked meat mixture in an air-tight container for up to three months. Just thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan when ready to serve. Alternatively, you can cut the ingredients in half and only prepare 2 servings of the meat mixture.
Want to Prep Ahead? Cook the meat according to the recipe instructions above and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan.
Less Prep: I like to use frozen diced onion for recipes like this, because it eliminates any prep work!
More Easy Dinners You Might Like:
10-Minute Beef Teriyaki Skillet
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef I used 96% lean
- 1 cup finely diced onion*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or about ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger
- ¾ cup thick teriyaki sauce such as Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- Optional Garnish: sliced green onion toasted sesame seeds
- For Serving: rice tortillas, or lettuce wraps
- In a large skillet preheat 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. The sesame oil adds great flavor to the dish, but if you don’t have any you can substitute with canola or vegetable oil.
- Add beef, onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat as you stir, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is tender (about 5-7 minutes). Drain, and return meat to skillet.
- Stir teriyaki sauce into the beef mixture. Bring to a low simmer and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, just until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve over rice, in tortillas, or in lettuce wraps.