This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Soy Vay. All opinions are 100% mine.
With just 5 minutes of prep and only 5 ingredients, this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Teriyaki is an easy, family-friendly dinner for busy nights! Tender, juicy chicken bakes in a rich, sweet-and-savory sauce for a complex dish that tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. Served with rice and plenty of steamed vegetables, this healthy dinner is a simple way to bring the family together at the end of the day — without much effort on your part!
We’re all busy, and at the end of a stressful day we still have to get dinner on the table. That’s why I keep my pantry stocked with our favorite ingredients to make last-minute meals quick and easy — no extra work necessary. I like to call these “dump-and-bake” dinners, and they are seriously lifesavers on crazy evenings. My latest concoction — this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Teriyaki — is about as simple (and flavorful) as it gets. Just 5 ingredients, you guys!
Chicken, Broccoli, Bell Pepper, Onion, and Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce.
If you’re a regular blog reader, then you know that this is my very favorite Teriyaki Sauce. I often recommend it in my recipes because it’s the best! I can easily pick up the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce at Target (in the oriental grocery aisle), it’s a simple way to add flavor to a meal, and it’s so much thicker and richer than other similar sauces that I have tried.
The sauce is perfect for marinating grilled seafood, for flavoring a stir-fry, and for baking Chicken Teriyaki in the oven. Plus, it uses only quality ingredients — no preservatives and no additives…ever!
For this particular meal, you literally just place the chicken and veggies in a baking dish:
and then pour the teriyaki sauce over top.
I like to remove the cover during the final 10-15 minutes of cooking to allow the sauce to thicken and to get the chicken a little bit crisp on the outside.
The chicken teriyaki is delicious served with rice and additional veggies that I can steam in the microwave while the chicken cooks. It’s such a simple meal that will nourish your family, bring smiles to your children’s faces, and make you feel like a Super Mom. The secret is in the sauce!
If you want to give this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Teriyaki a try, be sure to buy the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce at Target and Save 20% with the Target Cartwheel app!
Dump-and-Bake Chicken Teriyaki
- 4-6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 ¼ cups Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyake Marinade
- 2 cups broccoli florets*
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion**
- Optional for serving: cooked rice additional vegetables, sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish (I used a deep 11 x 7-inch dish) with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place vegetables in the bottom of the prepared dish. Add chicken to the dish, pour teriyake marinade over top, and toss to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir, and return to the oven uncovered for 10-15 more minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. If you’re using larger chicken breasts you will need to extend the cooking time by about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve chicken, vegetables, and sauce over rice.
* For an easy short-cut, look for pre-chopped vegetables in the produce section of the grocery store. You can even pick up diced peppers and broccoli florets from the salad bar!** I keep a bag of store-bought frozen diced onion in my freezer for recipes like this one -- no chopping required!