I think I’ve found my new favorite dessert, and I’m not exaggerating when I say that. Oh. my. goodness. These babies are decadent! Best of all, though, they are incredibly easy to prepare, and they’re portable. The perfect ending to a spring picnic, or a wonderfully delicious way to spoil a friend!
If you can bake a boxed brownie mix, then you can certainly prepare these Mason Jar Salted Caramel Brownie Trifles. They’re made by layering ultra-rich brownies (thanks to the secret ingredient – coffee), salted caramel sauce, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and crushed Heath bars…all in individual jars. They’re best when made in advance so that the brownies have time to soak up the caramel sauce, and all of the flavors can blend together.
Mason Jar Salted Caramel Brownie Trifles
- 1 box fudge brownie mix 13-inch x 9-inch pan size, plus ingredients called for on the box
- ¼ cup coffee room temperature
- 1 jar caramel sauce ice cream topping
- Coarse sea salt
- 6 individual snack cups of prepared chocolate pudding found in refrigerated aisle
- 1 carton 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath chocolate toffee bars 1.4 oz. each, crushed
- 8 jelly-size mason jars
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, substituting the coffee for the water called for on the box. Bake in greased pan at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (be careful not to over bake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into ¾-inch pieces.
- Once brownies are cooled and cut, you can begin to prepare your trifles.
- In the bottom of each of 8 mason jars, place a few pieces of brownie. You can break the brownie in order to get it to fit into the bottom of the jar. Drizzle caramel sauce over the brownies and sprinkle with a very small pinch of sea salt. Add a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of whipped topping, and a sprinkling of crushed Heath bar to each trifle. Repeat layers to fill jars, finishing with whipped topping. Drizzle the top of each trifle with a small amount of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of crushed Heath bar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more sweet treats? Check out my Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits, my Sugar Cookie Toffee Brownies, or this Almond Hazelnut Biscotti. I promise, you will love them all!