Like all of the best toppings on a loaded baked potato, this Hot Bacon and Cheese Dip is packed with creamy flavor thanks to the cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives that are melted together inside! [Tweet "Hot Bacon & Cheese Dip: the perfect party food and only 5 mins of prep! #dip #appetizer "]
In honor of my football-loving birthday boy, today I'm sharing a man-friendly recipe that's absolutely perfect for serving to the guys on game day! After all, nothing makes my husband happier than the arrival of fall, which automatically means football season (and just as importantly, fantasy football season).
I'm happy to report that this dip got the male seal of approval! Keith loved it with the potato chips -- after all, it basically combines the tastiest toppings from a loaded baked potato and melts them together in one creamy bite. The recipe gets my seal of approval because it's incredibly simple and FAST to prepare. This is the perfect party food for all of your gatherings this season! [Tweet "Hot Bacon & Cheese Dip: the perfect party food and only 5 mins of prep! #dip #appetizer "]
Hot Bacon and Cheese Dip
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, reserving ½ cup of the cheddar cheese. Place in a 2-quart baking dish. Cover and heat for 20 minutes, or until hot. Remove cover, top with remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with assorted vegetables, crackers, and chips.
Looking for other delicious party food? Try these favorites: