I’ve mentioned on here many times that pesto is one of my kids’ favorite foods. As a result, I’m always looking for new ways to add it into our meals. When I recently had a can of crescent rolls just hanging out in my refrigerator (getting very close to their expiration date), I decided that I better use them up. The end result was these Turkey, Pesto, and Cheese Roll-Ups!
We enjoyed these little gems as an easy weeknight dinner. However, I think that they would really be the perfect appetizer at a party or holiday gathering. They’re perfectly-sized finger food that looks very fancy, but requires very little effort. Plus, when you’re hosting a party, it’s always nice to serve foods that can be prepared in advance. That leaves more time for socializing with your guests!
To make these ahead of time, I just assemble them as instructed, place them on the prepared baking dish, and cover them with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray (that way the plastic wrap won’t stick to the dough). Keep the uncooked roll-ups in your refrigerator until your guests arrive. Then just pop them in the oven for about 12 minutes. Your house will smell great, you won’t be slaving over a hot stove during your party, and in just a few short minutes you will have a warm and impressive appetizer to feed your friends. Enjoy!
Turkey, Pesto, and Cheese Roll-Ups
- 1 8 ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 Tablespoons pesto
- 1 – 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly-sliced deli roasted turkey cut into triangles about the size of your crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of pesto on each triangle. Top pesto with turkey slices and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up to form crescent rolls.
- Place rolls on prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- After baking, allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.
Looking for other great party food? Try these favorites:
Slow-Cooker Saucy Meatballs
Chili Cheese Dip (Microwaveable!)