A healthy and festive holiday recipe is ready and waiting for you whenever you need it! Whether you enjoy them hot or cold, for breakfast or for snack, these protein-packed Eggnog Overnight Oats are a delicious way to indulge in the season’s best flavors — guilt free!
Do you guys love the warm spices and rich taste of eggnog as much as I do? As Christmas music plays and I sit on the couch with a warm fire in the wood stove, it’s a seasonal treat that I crave. Seriously, I go all summer long without thinking about eggnog once…and then BOOM! The calendar strikes December and I’ll figure out a way to enjoy the stuff almost daily!
Since drinking tall glasses of creamy rum-spiked cocktails on a daily basis is probably not the best idea, I instead use the same delicious flavors in a variety of other dishes. My Peppermint Nog Protein Shake is a favorite healthy option, we love some easy Eggnog Pancakes on the weekend, Microwave White Chocolate Eggnog Fudge is a sweet treat, and these Glazed Eggnog Donut Muffins are perfect at any time of day!
If you haven’t tried soy milk Nog or almond milk Nog, I highly recommend them! The beverages have the same creamy, spiced taste of the classic eggnog…but with only a fraction of the fat and calories. It’s a great way to enjoy the season without completely derailing healthy eating habits!
[Tweet “These High-Protein Eggnog Overnight Oats are a #healthy #breakfast for the holidays! #FitFluential”]
High-Protein Eggnog Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup Silk nog (or other eggnog of choice); can also substitute with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cashew milk, or other milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (honey, stevia, sugar, or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional Toppings:chopped, toasted pecans, whipped cream, extra dash of cinnamon
- In a large jar (or a small bowl), stir together all of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a few hours) so that the oats soften and absorb the liquid.
- Just before serving, garnish with optional toppings. Enjoy!
These oats can be enjoyed hot or cold. If you prefer them warm, just stir in some extra milk, cover loosely, and microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute, or until they reach desired temperature. Then garnish and serve!
Looking for other healthy holiday options? Try these favorites: