Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
A healthy and festive holiday recipe is ready and waiting for you whenever you need it! Whether you enjoy them hot or cold, for breakfast or for snack, these protein-packed Eggnog Overnight Oats are a delicious way to indulge in the season’s best flavors — guilt free!
Table of Contents
Do you guys love the warm spices and rich taste of eggnog as much as I do? As Christmas music plays and I sit on the couch with a warm fire in the wood stove, it’s a seasonal treat that I crave. Seriously, I go all summer long without thinking about eggnog once…and then BOOM! The calendar strikes December and I’ll figure out a way to enjoy the stuff almost daily!
Since drinking tall glasses of creamy rum-spiked cocktails on a daily basis is probably not the best idea, I instead use the same delicious flavors in a variety of other dishes.
More Delicious Eggnog Recipes
My Peppermint Nog Protein Shake is a favorite healthy option, we love some easy Eggnog Pancakes on the weekend, Microwave White Chocolate Eggnog Fudge is a sweet treat, and these Glazed Eggnog Donut Muffins are perfect at any time of day!
If you haven’t tried soy milk Nog or almond milk Nog, I highly recommend them! The beverages have the same creamy, spiced taste of the classic eggnog…but with only a fraction of the fat and calories. It’s a great way to enjoy the season without completely derailing healthy eating habits!
Why These Eggnog Overnight Oats Are So Great:
- It takes only 5 minutes to prep
- It chills overnight in the fridge so breakfast is ready whenever you need it
- It give you that festive feeling first thing in the morning (who doesn’t want that?!)
- You can top with whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate chips..you name it and enjoy as a healthy high protein dessert.
High-Protein Eggnog Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup Silk nog (or other eggnog of choice; can also substitute with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cashew milk, or other milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (honey, stevia, sugar, or other sweetener of your choice)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional Toppings: chopped, toasted pecans, whipped cream, extra dash of cinnamon
- In a large jar (or a small bowl), stir together all of the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a few hours) so that the oats soften and absorb the liquid.
- Just before serving, garnish with optional toppings. Enjoy!