Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
A thick, creamy, and perfectly-spiced hot breakfast could not be easier than this Gingerbread Slow Cooker Oatmeal! Whether you serve it for Christmas brunch or make a big batch to reheat for busy weekday mornings, Crock Pot oatmeal is a healthy and delicious way to start your day!
Hi, friends! Are you getting ready for the holidays? I’ve obviously been busy creating all sorts of fun Christmas activities and recipes. It’s such a delicious time of year, and I’m thrilled to be bringing you one of my new favorite breakfasts today. Trust me…you’re going to LOVE this one!
Making Slow Cooker Oatmeal
Using the slow cooker to make a huge batch of oatmeal is the greatest idea I’ve had in a long time. It took me a few tries to perfect the cooking temperature and time, but now that I have it figured out…I’m hooked!
This gingerbread oatmeal is full of seasonal spices, but it’s not very sweet. I use a little bit of molasses for color and flavor, but if you like your oatmeal on the sweeter side (who doesn’t, really?!), you should definitely plan to have some warm maple syrup or brown sugar on hand for drizzling.
Ways To Serve it
Best of all, this customizable base can be dressed up to suit all of the hungry tummies in your family. I like mine with a dollop of Greek yogurt for added protein, some maple syrup, and some chopped toasted pecans for healthy fat. It’s a nutritious breakfast that tastes fun, without a massive sugar high!
This Crock Pot oatmeal is a nice make-ahead option because you can cook it in advance, store it in individual portions, and reheat in the microwave throughout the week. Or, if you’re planning to feed a crowd for Christmas brunch, you can either cook the oatmeal on low overnight (your house will smell ah-mazing when you wake up) or cook it on high when you wake up. It’s practical, seasonal, healthy, and delicious!!
Looking for other delicious breakfast options? Try these favorites:
- 4-Ingredient Raspberry Danish
- Glazed Eggnog Donut Muffins
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Protein Shake
- Peppermint Nog Protein Shake
If you’ve tried this Gingerbread Slow Cooker Oatmeal or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Gingerbread Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- 2 cups uncooked steel cut oats don’t use quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats because they will get too mushy
- ½ teaspoon salt or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 8 cups water
- ¼ cup molasses can substitute with maple syrup, but it won’t have that true “gingerbread” taste, plus more for serving
- Optional toppings: whipped cream chopped toasted pecans, dried cranberries, raisins, Greek yogurt
- Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir well. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- You can make this in advance, store in airtight containers, and reheat in the microwave as needed. If it seems a bit dry when you go to reheat it, just add some additional milk or water and you’ll be all set!