Fluffy, whole grain Greek yogurt pancakes stuffed with vanilla-flavored ricotta and blueberry preserves create a decadent-tasting breakfast or snack that kids love! These Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Pancake Sandwiches are an easy, make-ahead, high-protein addition to your weekday menu.
If you haven’t noticed, we LOVE pancakes in this house! I’ve already shared my Snowman Pancakes, Healthy Banana Pancakes, Healthy Greek Yogurt Lemon Blueberry Pancakes, Eggnog Pancakes, Sneaky Healthy Chocolate Pancakes, and Gingerbread Oatmeal Protein Pancakes. But these, my friends! These have skyrocketed to the top of my list! They are so good, so nutritious, and so easy!
One reason that we eat so many pancakes is that they are a meal that everyone agrees on, and that I can make in advance. I cook a large batch or two on the weekend, pop the extras in the freezer, and then we can reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven any morning that we need a quick meal. And hey, we’ve been known to eat them for dinner on many occasions, too!
These particular sandwiches are made with a fluffy, moist, whole grain Greek yogurt pancake that I adore. I add just a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter, which gives them so much flavor on their own that they don’t even need syrup. But you know what?
If you’re not interested in making your own pancakes from scratch, I won’t tell! You can use a mix you can even use some pre-made frozen pancakes. They might not be quite as healthy, but they will still taste amazing!
The ricotta filling adds a great dose of protein and a creamy component to the meal, making the pancake sandwiches especially satisfying and nutritious! They are perfect for breakfast, but they also make a great snack or lunchbox option. I even eat the left-over pancakes cold (straight out of the refrigerator) with the toppings smooshed in between. I love them anyway that I can get them!
[Tweet “Oh, YUM! #Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Pancake Sandwiches are an easy #breakfast or #snack!”]
Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Pancake Sandwiches
For the Fluffy Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes:
- ¼ cup vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt or you can use plain, but you may want to add a bit of sweetener to your batter, to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
For the Filling:
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/8 t. salt
- ¼ t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. sugar or sweetener of your choice
- ½ cup all-fruit blueberry jam or other jam of choice
For the pancakes:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray griddle with cooking spray and use a tablespoon or ¼ cup measure to drop batter onto griddle. Let set for a few minutes, and then flip with spatula. Cook for an additional minute or two on remaining side and remove to plate.
To prepare filling:
- Stir together ricotta, salt, vanilla, and sugar in a small bowl.
Top assemble pancake sandwiches:
- Spread a couple of teaspoons of the “cheesecake” filling onto a pancake. Top with a dollop of blueberry preserves. Place another pancake on top to form a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes and serve.
Looking for even more healthy breakfast options? In addition to all of my other pancakes listed above, you should try these:
Skinny Strawberry White Chocolate Muffins
Tropical Grapefruit Parfait