Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Even though my college roommate, Erica, lives over 6 hours away in Cleveland, we still manage to get our boys together for play dates, share baby tips (her second boy is due just a couple of weeks after my little guy), discuss our latest home decorating projects, and exchange recipes (among other things). When she sent me a recipe for Greek yogurt pancakes, I knew that it would be a winner. After all, Erica described them as “fluffy” and “like regular pancakes.” That’s high praise for such a healthy recipe!
Here’s a pic of sweet Erica!
I love that these pancakes are full of good-for-us ingredients like fruit, calcium, protein, and whole grains. I like to serve mine with a hearty dose of syrup, which may make them a little less virtuous, but there’s still no guilt here!
Since blueberries are in season at the moment, we’ve been coming home from the farmer’s market with at least a couple of pints each week. When I made these pancakes last weekend, I decided to add the fresh berries into my breakfast. Of course, if you’re making these in the middle of winter (or if your family doesn’t love blueberries or lemon) you can always leave them out. The pancakes will still be great!
**Note: You can substitute the lemon juice and the lemon zest in the pancakes with just 3-4 drops of Young Living Essential Oils Lemon Essential Oil.
Interested in buying Essential Oils? I have a great FAQ page here that will answer your questions and give you all the info you need to order your own set!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 6 ounce container vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour or you can use an additional ¼ cup of all-purpose flour instead
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice from about ½ of a lemon
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries plus additional for serving
- Butter and syrup optional, for serving
- Whisk together all ingredients, except for blueberries, in a large bowl.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray griddle with cooking spray and use a tablespoon or ¼ cup measure to drop batter onto griddle. Top each pancake with a few blueberries. Let set for a few minutes, and then flip with spatula. Cook for an additional minute or two on remaining side and remove to plate.
- Serve with additional blueberries, butter, and syrup, if desired.