Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Juicy on the inside and crisp on the outside, this Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin is perfect for any family occasion. Better yet, it’s made in one dish and requires only 10 minutes prep. It couldn’t be easier!
Like any good Southern lady, my Mamma raised me right! While I wouldn’t call us superstitious, she taught me that there are definitely certain traditions to preserve.
The Spencer Family recipe for Rich Chocolate Frosting is a must on any yellow birthday cake; ambrosia is a staple on every Thanksgiving table; and pork tenderloin is a given on New Year’s Day. We don’t fool with what works or question our good fortune — and wouldn’t you want to start the New Year off right by enjoying a dish that signifies wealth and prosperity too?
The truth is, I vividly remember childhood New Year’s Day dinners as fancy occasions with extended family. Mom would prepare a pork dish, and always, always, always serve it alongside Hoppin’ John, greens, and sauerkraut.
While my Mom definitely raised me well, I can freely admit that my take on New Year’s is not quite as refined as hers!
Make Pork Tenderloin The Easy Way
My idea of a lucky pork tenderloin is one that tastes fancy enough to serve our guests, but that only requires about 10 minutes of my time! Our meals are casual affairs with 4 hungry boys around the table. I don’t fuss over the details, I’m not afraid of shortcuts, and I want effortless food that also happens to taste amazing.
Whether you welcome a New Year with one of my family’s favorite traditions, or whether you’re just serving a quick and easy weeknight dinner, this pork tenderloin is bound to make you feel lucky.
I will pair my pork tenderloin with Hoppin’ John and greens on New Year’s Day (just like Mom taught me); but it’s equally delicious alongside a big hunk of cornbread with melted butter and honey on top on any given Wednesday night!
No matter when or how you choose to enjoy this dish, it’s a quick-prep meal that will soon become a favorite in your household as well!
More Sides To Serve With This Pork Tenderloin;
- Make Ahead Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Ingredient Crispy Seasoned Red Potatoes
- Fried Cabbage with Apples and Onion
- Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
- Orange Glazed Carrots
Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, and thyme.
- Place sliced onion in a single layer in bottom of prepared dish.
- Season pork with salt and pepper on all sides, and then place on top of onion in the dish.
- Brush half of the mustard mixture over the pork.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover, brush with remaining mustard sauce, and put under the broiler for about 5 minutes (or until a crispy crust forms on top), and pork reaches an internal temperature of 140-150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow pork to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.