My mom’s recipe for Orange Glazed Carrots is a healthy, clean eating side dish that celebrates spring! The bright, tender, and fresh carrots are a great option for Easter, but they’re also just a really quick way to add some veggies to a weeknight meal!
Spring and carrots just go together, right?! And if you want to make sure that your children will actually eat the vegetables that you prepare, try adding a sweet orange glaze over top. Works every.darn.time.
With the exception of Thanksgiving, it seems like side dishes often get overlooked when it comes to planning a meal. But in reality, a big slab of meat on a plate and nothing to go along with it can look very…um, uninspiring?! That’s why I like to have a few go-to options that don’t require any special ingredients or too much extra time. These are the sides that I can pull together at the last minute when I realize that I have nothing other than a Easy Citrus-Glazed Ham to serve for supper!
Speaking of that amazing Citrus-Glazed Ham, these carrots would be their perfect companion! Add some “Spring Fling” Fluff Fruit Salad, Meghan’s 4-Ingredient Party Salad, and some Cheddar, Chive, and Bacon Biscuits to the table and you have a complete Easter dinner…and none of it requires more than a few minutes of preparation. Can’t beat that — especially on a holiday!
[Tweet “Orange Glazed Carrots are the #healthy veggie side dish that your kids will actually eat!”]
Orange Glazed Carrots
- 2 cups sliced carrots about ¾ lb.
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Fresh parsley and chives for garnish
- Steam carrots until tender. I do this by placing my sliced carrots in a microwave-safe dish with a small amount of water. Cover and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain any excess liquid from carrots.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together orange juice, honey, cornstarch, salt, and ginger. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over cooked carrots and toss to coat.
Here’s your complete Easter menu…and it’s a QUICK one!