Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
I love my mini muffin tins! In my opinion, every mom with little kids should have at least one miniature muffin tin in her kitchen arsenal…they’re just so versatile! These 3-Ingredient Egg and Cheese Mini Muffins are a great make-ahead, healthy toddler breakfast or snack. Keep a stash in your refrigerator or freezer and reheat as necessary — they’re like portable, mess-free scrambled egg cups!
I’ve used my mini muffin tins for for more obvious recipes like miniature cupcakes and miniature blueberry muffins, but I also pull out these little pans when I want to make less conventional kid-friendly foods like mini mac and cheese cups or these Egg and Cheese Mini Muffins.
These little scrambled egg bites are a perfectly-sized breakfast for your toddlers to feed themselves. Want to serve a big kid or an adult instead? Just bake them in regular-sized muffin tins and increase your cooking time. They’re fast, portable, and freezable!
These Egg and Cheese Mini Muffins are my solution to hectic weekdays when I don’t have time (or any desire) to stand at the stove and make scrambled eggs for breakfast. Bake a batch, put them in a Ziploc bag in the freezer, and just microwave (or toast) one at a time when you need them. No defrosting necessary!
Serve with some toast and fruit for a healthy breakfast and savor your peaceful morning!
Egg and Cheese Mini Muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt NOTE: some folks have commented that the addition of the salt makes these too salty, so feel free to omit it or decrease the amount!
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly spray miniature muffin pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared pan, filling cups about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly among the cups. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until eggs set.
- Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack. When completely cooled, muffins can be wrapped in plastic and frozen.
- When ready to eat, simply microwave each mini muffin for 15-30 seconds, or until heated through.
Can youPut into refrigerator and reheat?
Hi, Cheryl! Yes, that should work well.