This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell Soup Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Get a family-friendly dinner on the table fast with this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Taco Casserole! Since there’s no prep work involved, you can serve an easy one dish meal to your hungry family on even your busiest weeknights…and clean-up is a breeze!
If there’s one consistent theme to all of the recipes that I share on this blog, it would definitely be the “quick and easy” dish. At this point in my life, I just don’t have the time, energy, or desire to spend hours crafting the perfect pie crust or simmering the perfect pot of risotto. Instead, I’m looking for practical solutions that will get my constantly-staaaarving boys a delicious, wholesome meal as easily as possible.
My favorite recipes are those that require minimal prep and don’t necessitate a lot of chopping, mixing, or dirty dishes. And you know what? Today I’m back with another on of those winners! Winner, winner chicken dinner?!
To make this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Taco Casserole, you’ll start by coarsely crumbling some tortilla chips into the bottom of your baking dish.
Top with chicken breasts (raw), corn (still frozen is fine), and a drained can of mild green chilies.
Sprinkle with taco seasoning (no measuring necessary!),
and then spread the sauce over top! This sauce is the KEY to making this creamy, cheesy casserole (and it saves you a TON of time). With Campbell’s® Sauces you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family! They are available in new delicious varieties like Beef Stew Slow Cooker Sauce and Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Oven Sauce (which I used here!). I love that the @campbells sauces make meals simple to prepare because they are a finished sauce for a complete end dish. That means that dinner is ready in 3 easy steps — just how I like it! Plus, there are a variety of Slow Cooker, Skillet, Oven and Grill Sauces, which makes simple dinners accessible for all of your favorite cooking methods!
After the casserole bakes in the oven for about 30 minutes, you’ll just add some drained diced tomatoes on top along with a layer of shredded cheese. Once the cheese is melted and golden brown and your casserole is hot and bubbling, just pull it out of the oven, garnish with any additional toppings that you love, and serve!
You’ve got everything you need in this ONE DISH, friends! Chips! Meat! Veggies! Cheese! Basically, it’s the recipe for a calmer weeknight dinner and a table of happy eaters!
[Tweet “Dump-and-Bake Chicken Taco #Casserole is an easy one-dish #dinner! “]
Dump and Bake Chicken Taco Casserole
- 2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (or 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs)
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning (or more, if desired)
- 1 (12 oz.) package Campbell’s Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican-blend cheese
- For topping: sliced green onions, sliced black olives, diced avocado, sour cream, salsa, additional crushed chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place broken tortilla chips in the bottom of prepared dish. Top with chicken, green chilies, and frozen corn. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Spread sauce evenly over top. Bake, uncovered, for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven, sprinkle with tomatoes and shredded cheese, and return to oven for approximately 10 more minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted).
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve!
Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Try these favorites: