All of the flavors of your favorite burger come together in one easy and convenient casserole! This Deep Dish Cheeseburger Pie is an easy weeknight meal that your family will devour!
Nothing fancy here, friends! Just a really delicious dinner that is incredibly family-friendly, easy to prepare, and perfect for feeding a crowd.
You know that I like to take short-cuts to make busy evenings a little bit easier, so my favorite little box of corn muffin mix is back to the rescue! The Taco Pie recipe that I shared last year was such a hit that I decided to put a slight twist on the basic idea to keep things new and interesting. This fun meal is equally tasty, just as simple, and every bit as fast. What more could you ask for?!
If you need to feed a larger group, feel free to double the recipe and bake it in a big casserole dish. Toss in some veggies, or use ground turkey instead. This is just a basic starting point to get you out of that dinnertime rut!
[Tweet “Whip up this Deep Dish Cheeseburger Pie for a FAST and easy weeknight #dinner that your family will love!”]
Deep Dish Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 8.5 ounce pkg. corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain.
- Return meat to the skillet and stir in salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, ¾ cup of cheese, and ketchup.
- Spoon beef mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining ¼-cup cheese over top of beef mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg, and milk and mix well. Spoon batter over top of pie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for other fast and family-friendly dinners? Try these: