This quick, healthy, and delicious weeknight dinner will make everyone in your house very happy! Our 10-Minute Chicken Florentine Pasta is packed full of sundried tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts -- all tossed together with some rotisserie chicken and zesty olive oil. It's sure to become a regular in your recipe rotation!
Just like any busy parent, I am constantly on the hunt for the next "perfect" dinner. You know the one, right?! It's the meal that your whole family will happily eat (no bribing necessary on your part), but it's also a dinner that's healthy and fast? It kind of sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, in addition to my Lightened-Up Chicken Penne Casserole and my Healthy Chicken Chow Mein, I'm adding this pasta dish to my list of perfect weeknight meals. My husband and my 3 boys ALL cleaned their plates (even the 1-year-old!) and declared it a winner. I was just glad that they consumed a few veggies in the process. Oh, and that it only took me about 5 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook (thanks to some help from a store-bought rotisserie chicken)!
Here's the easy, printable recipe!
10-Minute Chicken Florentine Pasta
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 lb. cooked diced chicken (you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, left-over chicken from another meal, or just plain baked, poached, or grilled chicken)
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 7.5 ounce jar sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts *
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain and chop the sundried tomatoes…BUT, be sure to reserve the oil that they are packed in. You will need it for the recipe.
- After you return the cooked pasta to the pot, stir in chicken, spinach, chopped tomatoes, Parmesan, and reserved oil from the tomatoes. Gently toss to combine.
- Heat pasta mixture over low heat, just until spinach is wilted and the ingredients are heated through.
- Garnish with pine nuts just before serving.
- *To quickly toast my pine nuts, I put them on a paper towel on top of a microwave-safe plate. Microwave the pine nuts for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave for an additional 1 minute. They should be perfectly toasted!
Looking for more delicious, family-friendly dinner options? Check out these favorites:
Easy Barbecue Fish Tacos