For an easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer or a quick weeknight dinner, this Buffalo Chicken Dip Crescent Ring is always a winner! You can even prepare the dish in advance and just pop it in the oven when you're ready to serve it -- no fuss and no stress necessary!
Keith and his guy friends have a monthly "Boys' Night" where they get together at someone's house after work and eat dinner, watch a movie (or football), and drink beer. Obviously, they love this little tradition!
Last month it was Keith's turn to host the gathering, so he was in charge of the menu for the group. It also happened to be the night before his birthday, which meant that we had a great excuse to throw a casual birthday party with his buddies!
Keith grilled marinated chicken wings and my favorite Marinated Shrimp, and he requested that I prepare a batch of Buffalo Chicken Dip to share with the guys.
Of course I was happy to honor The Birthday Boy's request, and I even took that suggestion as inspiration to create a really awesome party appetizer -- a Buffalo Chicken Dip Crescent Ring! Because everything's better when it's wrapped in buttery pastry, right?! Best of all, this couldn't be easier...
Here's What You Need
- Crescent Ring Dough
- Diced Cooked Chicken
- Wing Sauce
- Ranch Seasoning
- Diced Celery
- Cream Cheese
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Crescent Ring
You'll start by unrolling two cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough. I've tried the store-bought brands of dough, but they just never work quite right. This is a case where I would definitely suggest you spend your money on the Pillsbury dough! Arrange it in a ring so that the tips are pointing out like a sunburst.
Then you'll just pile the Buffalo Chicken Dip around the edge of the ring.
I like to use an ice cream scoop for this step because it's so neat and easy. Plus, the ring stays uniform all the way around!
Then it's time to fold the dough over, bringing the tips into the center of the ring.
Be sure to tuck the tips under to hold everything together.
The Buffalo Chicken Dip Crescent Ring is ready for the oven!
About 20 minutes later you'll have a golden pastry wrapped around the cheesy, creamy, and zesty Buffalo Chicken Dip filling!
We like to slice the ring and serve it with Ranch dressing for dipping. And you don't even need a birthday party as an excuse to prepare this tasty treat. Just add a salad on the side and you can call it dinner!!! Thanks to Keith (and his friends) for the tasty inspiration!
More Appetizers You Might Like;
- Easy Cranberry Brie Appetizers
- Make Ahead Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- 3-Ingredient Southern Cheese Straws
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crescent Ring Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip Crescent Ring
- 2 tubes 8 ounces each refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken (you can also use about 2 cans of chicken if you prefer)
- ½ cup finely-diced celery
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ of a 1 ounce packet of dry Ranch seasoning mix about 4 teaspoons
- For serving: ranch salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Overlap wide ends of each triangle to form a ring (dough will look like a sun when you’re finished). Lightly press the wide ends together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together chicken, celery, and buffalo sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and dry Ranch seasoning powder. If your cream cheese is too cold, you can microwave it for about 15 seconds to soften (which will make it much easier to stir).
- Add cream cheese mixture to the chicken mixture and stir until everything is completely combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture over wide ends of dough. Fold the points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (the filling will be visible).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.