Thanks to REVERE® for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
My nails are painted a shimmering shade of gold. I’ve got a stockpile of gifts stashed in my closet. And eggnog has become a staple on my weekly grocery list.
‘Tis the season of holiday parties, family get-togethers, and quality time with those we love most. The planning, the preparations, the celebrations, and the anticipation of the holidays is the best part in my opinion! We are in the midst of this joyful season filled with so much excitement, fun, and delicious food. What’s not to love?
If you’re planning a special party or gathering with friends this season, then these Easy Cranberry Brie Appetizers are a must on your menu! The bite-sized snacks come together in a matter of minutes, can be prepared in advance, and look beautiful on any holiday table.
I recently received these amazing new REVERE® Copper Confidence Core™ Stainless Steel pans, which I used to prepare the orange-scented cranberry sauce that tops the easy appetizers.
REVERE® has been known for generations for its iconic copper-bottom pots and pans, and now the brand is releasing two new cookware lines that are perfect for the modern cook. The Copper Confidence Core Stainless Steel Cookware features Nest&Protect™ interlocking handles that elevate your pots and pans when nested so that they are almost floating above each other. This design protects the interior and exterior finish, and allows for convenient storage without scratching.
This cookware gives a nod to the brand’s heritage, utilizing a copper disc centered within an aluminum encapsulated base to help heat quicker and more evenly than heavier gauge cookware. I also love that the pans are sturdy without being too heavy to lift; and that the handle doesn’t get too hot, eliminating the need for a potholder.
With help from the beautiful equipment, the Cranberry Brie Appetizers come together quickly and easily — just in time for your holiday party!
To start, bring sugar, water, salt, and plenty of orange zest to a boil, stirring frequently. Warning: your kitchen is about to smell ah-mazing!
Once the water boils, it’s time to add a 12-ounce bag of fresh (or frozen) cranberries. The taste of the season! Is there anything prettier? They’re like little holiday jewels!
Finally, allow the berries to simmer for about 7 minutes while the sauce thickens. The entire process takes a grand total of about 10 minutes! You can prepare the sauce up to a week in advance and just keep it in your refrigerator so that you’re not worrying about any last-minute cooking when you’re waiting for guests to arrive.
The cranberry sauce tops crusty French bread and melted Brie cheese for the perfect seasonal finger food!
The Cranberry Brie Appetizers are creamy, salty, sweet, and tart — all in one bite. They’re a prep-ahead party snack that will please everyone on your guest list and will make you look like the ultimate holiday hostess — complete with sparkly nails, holiday music, and a glass of eggnog!
Easy Cranberry Brie Appetizers
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 loaf 1 lb. French bread, cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces Brie cheese thinly sliced
- To Prepare the Cranberry Sauce:
- Bring sugar, water, orange zest, and salt to a boil in a large frying pan over high heat. Stir frequently until sugar dissolves.
- Add cranberries to pan and return to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until a thick sauce forms and most of the berries have popped open (about 7-9 minutes). You want the sauce thick like a jam so that it doesn’t slide off of the toast.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool completely before using.*
- To Assemble the Appetizers:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush melted butter over each slice of bread. Place bread in a single layer on a large baking sheet and toast in oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a slice of Brie to the top of each toast. Bake for about 5-7 more minutes, or until cheese melts. Top with about 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
*The sauce can be prepared up to a week in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to use, allow the sauce to sit on the counter for about 30-60 minutes, or until it comes to room temperature.**The toasts can be prepared a day or two in advance as well. When ready to serve, just pick up at Step 8 by adding the brie and cranberry sauce.
The REVERE® cookware is available now, in sets or open stock, on REVEREWare.com, or you can visit your local World Kitchen® Corningware, Corelle & More® retail location. The pots and pans make great gifts for any home cook as they offer durable, high-quality pieces at affordable prices. Enjoy!