Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This rich, flavorful Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon Fillet is an easy dinner recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes — and it tastes like you spent hours in a gourmet kitchen. It’s the perfect seafood dish for a busy mom who doesn’t have the time, energy, or desire to slave over a hot stove!
Table of Contents
Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon Fillets
You know that salmon is good for you, and you know that you need to make more of an effort to get it onto your family’s dinner table. But sometimes the basic fish can seem so boring, and the last thing that you want to do is spend perfectly good time and money on a meal that your kids won’t eat! Talk about a waste…
Instead, try jazzing up your next baked salmon fillet with a buttery Parmesan and herb crust that turns crispy and golden brown as the fish cooks.
There’s nothing ho-hum boring about that!
How long does it take to bake salmon in the oven?
You’ll love how EASY this is! Plan to spend about 5 minutes preparing the baked salmon fillet and another 10-15 minutes while it cooks in the oven. That’s it!
I bake this salmon fillet at 375 degrees F, which allows the crumb topping to turn crispy and golden brown (but not burned) by the time the fish is cooked through. A thin piece of salmon might only need about 10-12 minutes in the oven at that temperature, while a thicker piece of fish may require 15-18 minutes.
Just keep your eye on it. You’ll know that your salmon is cooked through when it flakes easily with a fork.
The Italian herbs used on this baked salmon fillet are appealing even to little kids, so you’ll likely find that even your picky eaters enjoy this meal. It’s almost like those crispy frozen breaded fish sticks that kids adore!
What should I serve with my Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon Fillet?
This versatile entree pairs well with just about any side dish. Try serving it with pesto pasta, buttered Parmesan noodles, French bread, baked dinner rolls, or rice.
It’s a simple and nutritious meal that won’t take you all day to prepare, and your family will actually enjoy it!
If you’ve tried this Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon Fillet or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and on Twitter!
Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon Fillet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (line with foil for easy cleanup, if desired).
- Place salmon (skin side down) on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and lemon juice. Brush HALF of the butter mixture on the salmon.
- Add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and basil to the remaining melted butter mixture. Stir to completely combine.
- Use your fingers to gently press the buttered breadcrumbs onto the fish.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and topping is golden brown (total cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish).