Hey there! I realized that it’s been a loooong time since I shared a seafood recipe on here, so I’m back today with a tasty weeknight dinner. Bonus? It’s good for you! Double bonus? Your kids will even like it!
I have always loved the combination of sweet fruit salsas or sauces with a nice piece of fish. Since salmon is my boys’ favorite seafood (other than fried fish sticks!), we tend to eat a lot of it. That’s why I’m always looking for new, kid-friendly ways to prepare the fish. This Baked Pineapple Barbecue Salmon was a winner all around!
Of course it tastes good, but I was especially happy with how easily this meal came together. Seriously, in less than 15 minutes from start to finish, you can have dinner on the table. And you only need 4 ingredients! That’s right…4! And the salmon counts as one of those ingredients. 🙂
So what are you waiting for? Add this healthy dish to your weekly meal plan and enjoy a stress-free supper. Maybe even pour yourself a glass of wine while you’re at it.
Here’s the ridiculously simple recipe:
Baked Pineapple Barbecue Salmon
- Approximately 1.5 lbs. salmon cut into 4 portions
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 1 20 oz. can sliced pineapple rings, drained
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place sliced onions in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Top onions with pineapple rings.
- Lay salmon on top of pineapple. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Generously brush salmon with barbecue sauce.
- Cover and bake for approximately 6-7 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Don’t over-cook the fish or it will be dry.
Looking for other delicious ways to prepare salmon? Try these favorites:
Fusilli Salmon (a.k.a. “Curly Worms”)