You’ll never look at brunch the same way again! With layers of hash brown potatoes, eggs, cheese, Italian sausage, herbs, and veggies, this Slow Cooker Italian Breakfast Casserole is full of hearty and flavorful ingredients. Best of all, it cooks in your Crock Pot overnight so that you can wake up to a satisfying and easy breakfast that’s waiting for you in the morning. No effort involved!
You guys. Today’s recipe is a TOTAL GAME CHANGER! I had heard about breakfast casseroles in the slow cooker, but I hadn’t been brave enough to try one until now, mostly because I was worried that the ingredients wouldn’t cook evenly or that the casserole wouldn’t have that crispy top that we all know and love. Guess what? I’m hear to tell you that this Italian-flavored potato-and-egg dish is just as good (if not better) than its oven-baked counterparts!
Whether you’re serving it as a special Sunday morning treat, or using it as a weeknight dinner, you will LOVE how easily this one-pot meal comes together. Just toss the ingredients into the slow cooker in advance and then forget about it until mealtime! And don’t worry…you won’t have to hand-grate any potatoes for this hash brown casserole!
With some help from Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, it was just a matter of layering my ingredients in the slow cooker…
setting the timer, and going to bed!
The Crock Pot did the rest, and I woke up to this amazingly crispy, golden brown, and delicious feast!
Seriously, you have to try this! The Simply Potatoes make it quick and easy to prepare a delicious Crock Pot meal that you know everyone will love.
Are you familiar with these products? Simply Potatoes is a line of refrigerated, prepared potatoes made by the Crystal Farms Company. Crystal Farms is also known for great-tasting, high-quality cheese, eggs, butter and English muffins found in the dairy section. Simply Potatoes products are:
- Fresh, never frozen
- Located in the refrigerated dairy section
- Easy to prepare and have on hand – no peeling/shredding required
- Made with real ingredients
What’s not to love, right?
Slow Cooker Italian Breakfast Casserole + a Giveaway!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (casings removed), browned and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place half of the hash browns, sausage, onion, peppers, and cheese in the prepared slow cooker.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.