The name of this recipe says it all! In about 10 minutes you can prepare an easy Baked Chicken recipe that is moist, tender, and seasoned with fresh herbs and a delicious maple-Dijon pan sauce! It’s a simple and healthy dinner for your busiest evenings.
Halloween candy overload?! Before we roll straight into the decadence of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, let’s get back-to-basics with a simple and delicious dinner recipe that is not only nutritious, but your kids (and your husband) will actually EAT it!
Let’s be honest: sometimes it can be tricky to come up with new and different meal ideas that are both healthy and kid-friendly. After all, most children think that the definition of “fine dining” includes mac & cheese, hot dogs, and pizza. Not that there’s anything wrong with those options…(heck, they all make frequent appearances in my kitchen), BUT it’s also nice to round out your dinnertime fare with some more grown-up recipes…and that’s exactly what I have for you today!
The bold flavors of fresh herbs and a rich maple-Dijon pan sauce make this baked chicken recipe fancy enough to serve to guests; however, the tender and juicy chicken requires only a few minutes of preparation time…so it’s also a great option for busy weeknights. You pick — no matter when you serve it, this dinner is sure to please a crowd!
And don’t forget some fluffy rice or some crusty bread to serve alongside…you’ll need something delicious to soak up all of that pan sauce!
"No Work" Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can substitute with about 8 chicken thighs)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together maple syrup, mustard, and soy sauce.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish (about 9-inch by 13-inch) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated. Place sprigs of fresh herbs in the dish (tucked alongside the chicken).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Be sure to spoon plenty of the delicious pan sauce over the chicken before serving!
Looking for other delicious and easy family meals? Try these favorites: