This easy Slow Cooker Orange Chicken and Broccoli has all of the flavors that you crave, but it’s a whole lot healthier than take-out! Instead of breading and frying the meat, you simply toss the ingredients in the Crock Pot and move on with your day. A family-friendly Crock Pot dinner will be ready and waiting for you a few hours later!
Making Restaurant Favorites At Home
You know those easy dinners that you can pick up from the Chinese restaurant or buffet that are coating in more breading and sticky sweet sauce than actual meat?
Kids love those dishes, but they're not the healthiest and they're a pain in the neck to try to make at home!
Once again, my Crock Pot comes to the rescue! I can create the same type of Chinese-inspired dinner in my own kitchen with less work, using ingredients that I know and recognize.
Best of all, the Slow Cooker Orange Chicken tastes absolutely amazing!
These little bite-sized pieces of tender chicken are coated in a sweet-and-savory sauce with a hint of orange zip. By adding the broccoli to the slow cooker at the very end, you get crisp-tender veggies that aren't mushy and over-cooked.
This Slow Cooker Orange Chicken gives you the ease of a Crock Pot dinner with the taste, flavor, and texture of a restaurant meal!
Can You Freeze This Orange Chicken?
Yes, this orange chicken will freeze well. You can also store it in the fridge for a couple of days just make sure the chicken is piping hot right through before serving.
More Chicken Recipes To Try;
- Garlic Sesame Chicken
- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Dump and Bake Jerk Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken and Broccoli
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs. total), cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 bag about 16 ounces or 5 ½ cups broccoli florets (if using frozen, allow to thaw first)
- Rice for serving
- Optional: sliced green onions and sesame seeds for serving
- Spray liner of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a large zip-top bag. Add cornstarch to the bag, seal the bag, and toss to coat the chicken pieces. Place chicken in the bottom of the prepared slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Pour sauce over chicken. Stir to make sure that all of the chicken pieces are coated in sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours (or on HIGH for 1 ½ - 2 hours). During the final 15 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to slow cooker. If the sauce looks too thick at this point, feel free to add water, as necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- Spoon chicken, broccoli, and sauce over rice. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Orange Chicken and Broccoli was originally posted in February, 2013. The photos were updated in August, 2017.