I have probably mentioned on here before that we eat a lot of pizza in this house, regardless of the season. I usually just roll out some dough and top it with the standard cheese and pepperoni. When we want something a little different, however, this Hawaiian French Bread Pizza, smothered with bacon, shrimp, and pineapple, is the perfect combination of salty and sweet!
The recipe was actually inspired by a pizza that Keith and I shared on our very first date! He took me to a little restaurant in Arlington, Virginia called The Lost Dog Café, where we enjoyed the Polynesian pizza. It’s a casual scene, with a lot of beers, a lot of pizzas, and a lot of sandwiches (among other things). It was the ideal low-key first date spot…and I still remember the meal (and the man!). Enjoy!
Hawaiian French Bread Pizza
- 1 lb. loaf French bread halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces peeled deveined, cooked shrimp, chopped
- 4 ounces pineapple tidbits drained
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Brush cut sides of bread with olive oil. Place on prepared pan and bake for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Spread marinara sauce on top of cut sides of bread. Top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Layer bacon, shrimp, and pineapple over mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 more minutes, or until cheese melts. Cut into slices and serve hot.
Linking up with Everyday Mom's Meals