My Southern Peach Salad with Green Goddess Dressing is the salad of the summer! This fresh mixture is bursting with flavor and a variety of textures, thanks to the sweet and juicy peaches, crunchy pecans, tangy blue cheese, and creamy avocado. Top it all off with a easy fresh herb dressing, and you'll never want another mediocre iceberg wedge again!
If you read this blog regularly, then you already know that the peach trees on our property have finally started producing fruit this year. And let me tell you...there is A LOT of it! I've made peach freezer jam, peach cake, peach overnight oats, peach smoothies, and now this: a Southern Peach Salad that's soooooo perfect for the season.
I obviously toss the fruit in just about anything that I can dream up (so that I can work my way through our supply), but I think that this is one of my favorite peach concoctions so far. The flavors just work really well together!
This Peach Salad Has It All
In fact, since the first time I made this recipe (which was about a week ago), I have made it 3 more times! Yes, that's 4 times in about 1 week. I even brought it along with us to Margeaux's birthday party cookout last Sunday evening, and the guests all seemed to enjoy it. It has something for everyone: sweet, salty, tangy, and creamy. Just how I like my salads!
If you're not a big fan of blue cheese, just use goat cheese, feta cheese, or even little bites of fresh mozzarella.
Peach Salad Dressing
And can we talk about the Green Goddess Dressing recipe for a minute?
It was given to me on an index card by one of my mother-in-law's friends at my bridal shower about 11 years ago. Her note on the card says, "really good!" And it is!! I have been making this dressing for the past decade and it always tastes amazing. Tried and true personal recipes like this are such a gift.
The Green Goddess Dressing is a lot like a Caesar dressing with some fresh herbs added into the mix. If you're not a huge fan of anchovies, just leave them out. Totally optional!
I think that they add a nice saltiness to the dressing (and you can't taste the "fish" at all), so if you decide to skip the anchovies you might just need to season the dressing with a bit of salt instead. Either way, it's a winner!
Looking for other delicious salads that are perfect for summer? Try these favorites:
- Red, White & Blueberry Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Summer Corn Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Mom's Marinated Vegetable Salad
Southern Peach Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
For the Salad:
- 4-6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese (feta or goat cheese would also work well)
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
For the Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, grated or through a press
- 3 Tablespoons minced anchovy or 3 T. anchovy paste (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons minced chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- For the dressing: place all ingredients in a blender and combine. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, peaches, avocado, blue cheese, and pecans. Toss salad with desired amount of dressing and serve immediately.