Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
A classic comfort food just got easier! Let your Crock Pot do the work for this easy Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff, which only requires about 10 minutes of prep! It’s the perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
Beef Stroganoff has been a favorite cool-weather dinner for as long as I can remember. My mom served it to us when we were kids, and now I’m feeding it to my own family — with a shortcut!
Thanks to help from frozen meatballs, you don’t even have to brown the beef before tossing it into your Crock Pot. Served over fluffy egg noodles to soak up the creamy sauce, this Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff with sour cream is a comfort food dinner that the whole family will love!
How to Make Meatball Stroganoff:
Let’s start with the sauce for your Meatball Stroganoff! You’ll need condensed cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and pepper.
Whisk those ingredients together in a bowl until smooth, and then set aside.
Next up: the veggies! I buy pre-sliced mushrooms for a shortcut, but you’ll need to slice an onion as well.
Place the mushrooms and onion in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add a bag of frozen fully-cooked meatballs on top (there’s no need to thaw the meatballs first)! Frozen Meatball Stroganoff is so easy, right?!
Pour the sauce over top, cover the Crock Pot, and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
Just before serving, stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream.
It blends perfectly into the sauce, adding the perfect touch of “tang,” while truly making this dish taste like an authentic beef stroganoff recipe!
Stroganoff meatballs in the Crock Pot are an easy way to get dinner on the table for your family — without the stress of standing over a hot stove all evening!
COOK’S TIPS AND RECIPE VARIATIONS — SLOW COOKER MEATBALL STROGANOFF:
- You can use any brand and variety of plain frozen meatballs that your family enjoys — bite-size meatballs, turkey meatballs, “homestyle” meatballs, beef meatballs, etc. I do NOT recommend buying “Italian” frozen meatballs, because they contain herbs and spices that don’t pair as well with this dish.
- I use Campbell’s Healthy Request condensed soup to keep the dish lighter.
- You can substitute with light sour cream; however, I prefer the thickness, texture, and creaminess that you get from the regular sour cream.
- Parsley adds the perfect bright, flavorful garnish on top — don’t skip it!
What to serve with Meatball Stroganoff for Dinner:
- Serve the meatballs over cooked egg noodles for a classic meal.
- Instead of pasta, serve the Meatball Stroganoff over rice, over Make Ahead Garlic Mashed Potatoes, or paired with Buttered Dilly New Potatoes.
- Add a touch of green on the side with a side of frozen French-cut green beans (steamed in the microwave and tossed with butter and salt).
- For a fancier side, a Green Bean Casserole with Bacon is a delicious companion to the meatballs and creamy sauce.
- You can never go wrong with Garlic Roasted Broccoli!
You might also like these recipes with frozen meatballs:
- Dump-and-Bake Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chinese Meatballs with Peppers and Onions
- 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Barbecue Meatballs
- Weeknight Meatball and Tortellini Soup
Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup, NOT diluted
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 large (or 2 small) onions, sliced
- 24 ounces frozen fully-cooked meatballs (you do NOT need to thaw them)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley optional
- Whisk together the soup, broth, Worcestershire, garlic and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the mushrooms and onions into a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with the meatballs. Pour the soup mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Stir the sour cream into the slow cooker.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce with the noodles. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
This recipe was originally published in September, 2015. It was updated in December, 2018.