Tender, juicy, and full of flavor, this Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast is an easy dinner that your family will love! Whether you serve the meat over pasta or pile it high on top of a sandwich, this simple Crock Pot recipe will soon become a comfort food favorite!
You guys…here’s ANOTHER awesome and EASY dinner that will make your life just a wee bit better! I just get so excited when I come up with new recipe ideas that work, that all of my boys love, and that don’t require much effort on my part!
While this pot roast is certainly fancy enough and worthy of serving to your favorite holiday guests this season, it’s so simple that it’s actually just as appropriate for any random hectic weeknight! It cooks low and slow all day long…
so that you can return home in the evening to a flavorful dinner just waiting to be served!
The meat also happens to be incredibly versatile, so you’re sure to find a match for all of your discriminating taste-testers. It’s great on top of fluffy egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes. It’s also perfect with a thick slice of rustic, crusty bread to soak up the juices. Or, if you’re like my family, it’s always preferred in sandwich form!
I spread some marinara on the bread, topped it with the meat, and then finished it off with some mozzarella or provolone cheese. Pop it under the broiler to melt and brown the cheese, and you have a restaurant-quality dinner ready in no time!
[Tweet “Tender, juicy Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast is an easy comfort food classic! #dinner #CrockPot”]
Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
Yield 4 -6
- 2-pound boneless beef chuck shoulder roast
- 1-2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into large 1 ½-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (0.87 ounce) packet Tomato, Garlic & Basil Seasoning Mix (I use McCormick brand, but any similar Italian seasoning packet will work)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained
- 6 pepperoncini, drained from a jar
- For serving: cooked pasta; mashed potatoes; thick crusty bread; or hoagie rolls, marinara sauce, and provolone or mozzarella cheese for sandwiches*
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker. Lay beef on top and add remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Cover and cook on “low” setting for 8 hours, or until beef shreds easily with a fork.
*Note: This is delicious served with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or just a thick piece of rustic bread to soak up the juices. My family also likes it on sandwiches. To make a delicious Italian Beef Sub, start by lightly toasting your bread or roll. Spread a layer of marinara sauce on top of a roll, top with shredded beef and cheese, and heat under the broiler until cheese is golden brown.
Looking for other easy family dinners? Try these favorites: