Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Cook an entire dinner on one tray with this easy recipe for Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Broccolini! It’s a simple, satisfying, and nutritious meal — with very few dishes to wash at the end!
Personally, I’ve never been a huge steak lover. But I married a meat-and-potatoes lovin’ guy, and then gave birth to 3 meat-and-potatoes lovin’ boys. As a result, I’ve learned to prepare beef in a variety of ways…and this is by far one of my favorites!
I can’t take full credit for the delicious flank steak, because it’s actually inspired by the flank steak marinade that my mom served regularly when I was growing up.
It was the ONLY beef that I remember loving as a child, and it remains one of my favorites to this day. Something about the sweet, savory, tender, and juicy meat sliced into thin strips just makes my mouth water.
I love to serve the flank steak sliced over a big green salad with plenty of other chopped veggies when I’m looking for a light option; however, the ease of preparing this entire dinner on ONE TRAY — complete with crispy oven-roasted potatoes and browned, charred baby broccoli — makes it a winner in my book.
My Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Broccolini is a meal that makes my growing boys smile, while also transporting me back to happy childhood memories of my own!
Cooking for Just Two? You can either find a slightly smaller flank steak and cut the rest of the ingredients in half, or prepare the full recipe but freeze the leftover steak. I like to use leftover steak in tacos or French Dip sandwiches later in the week!
Want to Prep Ahead? You can marinate the meat up to 24 hours in advance, so that there’s very minimal last-minute work involved!
More Delicious Steak Recipes To Try;
- Guinness Flank Steak Marinade
- Ribeye Steak with Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Mom’s Easy Marinated Flank Steak
Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Broccolini
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil plus an additional 1 tablespoon (divided)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar can substitute with balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes halved or quartered (if large)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter melted
- 2 bunches about 16 oz. broccolini
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, honey, ginger, and garlic powder. Place flank steak in a large Ziplock freezer bag. Pour the marinade into the bag and toss to coat. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place top oven rack 6 inches from heat. Preheat oven to 450°F (230C). Spread potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle potatoes with butter, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake potatoes for about 15 minutes. Stir potatoes and move them to the outer edges of the pan. Place broccolini in the middle of the pan. Place steak on top of the broccolini and discard the remaining marinade in the bag.
- Change oven setting to BROIL. Return pan to the oven for 6 minutes. Turn steak, stir vegetables, and broil 6 more minutes (or until it reaches desired doneness).
- Remove from oven, allow steak to rest 5 minutes. Slice steak against the grain, and serve with broccolini and potatoes.