Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This easy Pumpkin Spice Whipped Ricotta is a festive fall appetizer, a simple protein-packed afternoon snack, or a healthy make-ahead spread for your breakfast toast. No matter when you choose to enjoy it, the creamy, sweet, and warmly-spiced blend will soon become a seasonal favorite!
Ricotta cheese just doesn’t get enough attention, does it? Have you ever tried it as a sweet dip or spread? I love that I can toss a few basic ingredients into my food processor and within a matter of minutes I have a fancy-looking, delicious-tasting, multi-tasking concoction!
I sweetened this spread with just a touch of maple syrup, but loaded it with plenty of pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavor! It is fall, after all.
How To Serve Whipped Ricotta
I enjoyed my whipped ricotta for breakfast, lunch and snack, but I also think it would be a great light-yet-festive appetizer to serve for Thanksgiving. It’s full of healthy protein (kind of like cottage cheese), minus the lumpy curds! It would satisfy the munchies without completely weighing down your guests before you even get to the turkey and trimmings!
Looking for other simple, seasonal recipes? Try these favorites:
- Lightened-Up Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Crescent Ring
- Dump and Bake Caramel Apple Crisp
- Easy Pumpkin Soup
If you’ve tried this Pumpkin Spice Whipped Ricotta or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Ricotta
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree unsweetened –NOT the canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup plus extra for serving
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For serving: graham crackers shortbread cookies, gingersnap cookies, apples, pears
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Puree for a few seconds until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and swirl the top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with additional maple syrup and serve.