Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Here’s one of those great “No Work” meals that you can prep in about 5 minutes and then just leave in your refrigerator until mealtime! Whether you grill, pan fry, or broil the meat, this juicy and flavorful Marinated Chicken is a healthy dinner that’s ready in just 10 minutes!
Add Flavor To Your Chicken
Chicken is such a simple dinner solution because it’s relatively affordable, it’s nutritious, and it appeals to just about everyone.
That said, from time to time we all get in a chicken “rut,” where we’re preparing the same recipe, in the same exact way, over and over again. What was once a delicious option suddenly seems boring…tired…and uninspiring!
That’s why you’re going to love today’s marinated chicken recipe! It’s an easy twist on a classic chicken dinner — and there’s nothing BORING about it!
With only 5 ingredients (and some chicken), this meal comes together FAST! The pineapple juice and the honey give the meat a subtly sweet taste, while the soy sauce and garlic add a great savory layer.
This Marinated Chicken is complex and simple…all in one bite…and it requires almost NO WORK on your part!
We serve the chicken with a good crusty bread, with pasta, in wraps, over salad, or on sandwiches. Straight off the grill, at room temp, or right out of the fridge, it’s an easy and healthy dinner that’s versatile, family-friendly, and best of all — delicious!
Cook’s Tips – Easy Marinated Chicken
- Cooking Just for Two? You can easily scale the portions of this recipe depending on how much meat you want to cook. I would suggest using about 1 lb. of chicken and cutting the marinade ingredients in half proportionally. Marinating and cooking times will stay the same!
- Want to Prep Ahead? This is the ultimate make-ahead meal! You can marinate the chicken for up to 2 days before cooking it. You can also cook the chicken in advance and then serve it cold, sliced over a salad or on sandwiches.
More Chicken Recipes You Might Like;
- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Crispy Roast Chicken with Vegetables
- Dump and Bake Jerk Chicken
- Dump and Bake Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
"No Work" Marinated Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Place chicken in a large zip-top bag or container with a lid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until completely combined.
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag, and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from the marinade. Discard marinade.
- Heat a nonstick pan, grill pan, or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Coat grill or pan with about a teaspoon of oil so that the chicken doesn’t stick. Sear or grill chicken on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through (about 5 minutes per side, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F).
- Allow meat to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.