We call this meal 5-Star Marinated Chicken because every member of our five-person family loves it. Well, Baby Spence didn't technically eat it, but he loves anything that his big brothers love, so we'll give it a star on his behalf too. Just trust me on this one -- you need to try this recipe. It's destined to become one of your family's favorites as well!
The very simple marinade comes together in minutes -- after all, it's made up of only 4 ingredients. The fresh rosemary is perfect for the summer months when herbs are growing in our garden, but you can also use the dried version year-round. I bake these in the oven since that's easier for me on a weeknight, but they would also taste great on the grill. It's a versatile, healthy chicken dinner that everyone will love! Oh, and the left-overs taste great in a sandwich the next day...
5-Star Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken tenders or chicken breasts, just increase cooking time
- In a shallow dish, mix teriyaki sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, and rosemary until blended. Add chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for about 1-2 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken tenders on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
Looking for other delicious chicken dinners? Try these favorites: