With just 10 minutes of prep and a few pantry staples, this Garlic and Lemon Chicken is a fresh, healthy, and easy dinner solution for those lazy days when you just don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen!
When the clock strikes 5:00 p.m., my mind and body start to slowly wind down for the night. I’m definitely an early morning person, so I’m just exhausted after a full day of go-go-go. We get through the post-school homework and snack routine, and I’m about ready to put on a big fuzzy bathrobe and relax on the couch in my pajamas for the night!
Oddly enough, my boys still expect dinner each evening. Imagine that! 😜
So in an effort to get something healthy and fresh on the table FAST, I pulled together this Lazy Day Garlic and Lemon Chicken. It’s bursting with flavor, it requires only 10 minutes of my time, and it’s perfect served over a bed of rice, a bowl of pasta, or a plate of crisp green salad.
I like to toss the pan sauce with warm pasta and Parmesan cheese, or drizzle the reserved dressing over salad greens. It’s a versatile meal that’s also affordable, nutritious, and most importantly — EASY.
Embrace your lazy evenings, pour yourself a glass of wine, and snuggle up on the couch. There’s no need to order takeout or microwave a frozen entree — this Garlic and Lemon Chicken is just as simple, and much more delicious!
Lazy Day Garlic and Lemon Chicken
With just 10 minutes of prep and a few pantry staples, this Garlic and Lemon Chicken is a fresh, healthy, and easy dinner solution for those lazy days when you just don't want to spend much time in the kitchen!
- For the Lemon Sauce:
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- For the Chicken:
- 2 lemons
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each)
- Optional: fresh parsley, thyme, oregano, and lemon zest for garnish
- Prepare the lemon sauce by placing all of the ingredients in a large jar with a lid and shaking vigorously until completely combined (alternatively, you can whisk in a bowl or quickly mix in a blender).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Pour about ¾ of the Lemon Sauce into the bottom of the dish, setting the remaining sauce aside for later. Place chicken breasts in the sauce, season with salt and pepper, and tuck lemon slices among the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken breasts). When the chicken is cooked through, allow the meat to rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Drizzle chicken with reserved sauce and garnish with fresh herbs. This is delicious tossed with pasta, served over rice, or even topped on salad.
Cooking Just for Two? This is a very easy recipe to cut in half! Just use exactly half of all of the ingredients and bake the chicken in a small dish that comfortable holds just two chicken breasts. The rest of the cooking instructions are the same!
Want to Prep Ahead? I like to make the lemon sauce in advance. You can marinate the chicken in a large Ziploc bag with about 3/4 of the sauce for a few hours in the refrigerator. When it comes time to bake the dinner, just dump the chicken and marinade into the dish! Season with salt and pepper, add fresh lemon slices, and pop it in the oven as instructed.
Nutrition information for chicken and all of the pan sauce and reserved dressing. If you eat less sauce, the stats will change drastically.