Stock your kitchen with 6 All Day Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in just 1 hour! These simple prep-ahead recipes are an easy way to serve homemade dinners — even on your busiest evenings. Just dump the ingredients into your Crock Pot, set it, and GO!
You guys asked for them, and here they are!
After I shared my most recent freezer meal session, I received a lot of requests for All Day Slow Cooker recipes. If you work outside of the home or if you’re going to be away from the house for the day, you need options that can cook for 8 hours or more!
Some cuts of meat do better than others with these long cooking times. For instance, boneless skinless chicken breasts will be dry and nasty after 8+ hours in the Crock Pot. By contrast, a big pork shoulder or a soup does better as an All Day Slow Cooker recipe because that extended time allows the meat to break down and become tender while the flavors come together.
These three new recipes work well as All Day Slow Cooker Freezer Meals because they cook for at least 8 hours AND they don’t require much prep before you toss all of the ingredients into a bag!
I like to DOUBLE these 3 recipes so that I end up with a total of 6 meals. It’s the most efficient way to cook since I already have all of the ingredients out and ready to go!
You can print my shopping list for the 6 meals HERE (<-- this list doubles the ingredients for>3 recipes below so that you end up with a total of 6 meals for your freezer).
Ready to get started? Here we go…
All Day Slow Cooker Freezer Meal #1: Slow Cooker Meatball Soup
I love that this soup uses familiar Italian flavors that my kids always enjoy, but it’s also loaded with veggies for a complete meal. Serve with some crusty bread for a cozy and delicious weeknight dinner!
Slow Cooker Meatball Soup
- 1 (20 ounce) package mini Italian meatballs
- 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 4 cups beef stock or broth
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on “low” for 8 hours.
- FOR A FREEZER MEAL:
- Combine all ingredients (except stock) in a large zip-top freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add to slow cooker with stock. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
All Day Slow Cooker Freezer Meal #2: Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Barbecue
Barbecue is always a favorite, and this particular pork is tender, juicy, and flavorful. Pile it on a sandwich bun and top with coleslaw, if desired. Serve with a simple salad, steamed veggies, chips, potato salad, fries, fruit, or baked beans. It’s also great served on top of cornbread!
Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Barbecue
- 1 boneless pork shoulder or butt roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- For serving: sandwich buns; coleslaw
- Season pork with salt, cumin, paprika, and garlic.
- Place onion in slow cooker; add pork on top. Pour barbecue sauce over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Trim any noticeable fat from the pork. Shred remaining meat with two forks and return to slow cooker to keep warm. Serve on buns with sauce and coleslaw.
- FOR FREEZER OPTION:
- Place raw seasoned pork in a large zip-top freezer bag. Pour sauce into the bag. Add onion to the top of the bag and seal tightly. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Empty contents of the bag into the slow cooker so that the onion is on the bottom. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
All Day Slow Cooker Freezer Meal #3: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
This meal is surprisingly kid-friendly! Even if your family isn’t used to eating Indian food, this mild dish appeals to just about every little one who has tasted it. Serve the chicken with rice and steamed veggies for an easy dinner!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons Garam Marsala
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and serve over rice.
- FOR FREEZER MEAL OPTION:
- Place all ingredients into a large zip-top bag. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Dump ingredients from bag into slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
Once you’ve placed all of these recipes in zip-top freezer bags, you can stack them flat so that they don’t take up too much space…then stash them away for a busy day!