This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seafood Nutrition Partnership. All opinions are 100% mine.
With just 5 ingredients and no prep work, this Dump and Bake Crispy Garlic Butter Shrimp is a healthy dinner that’s ready in 15 minutes! Yes, weeknight dreams DO come true!
Any of my regular readers know that our family loves seafood. And while we don’t live anywhere near the coast (hello, Blue Ridge Mountains!), we still manage to find ways to incorporate a variety of fish and shellfish into our diet.
Did you know that eating seafood twice a week can reduce your risk of dying from heart disease by about 36%? Eating seafood 2-3 times per week also reduces the risk of death from any health-related cause by 17%. It literally saves lives! An estimated 50,000 deaths from heart disease and stroke are avoided each year by eating fish!
Since I serve seafood in our house at least once or twice a week, I think I’ve mastered the art of making it quick, easy, and kid-friendly! You can never go wrong with a dump-and-bake dish that requires almost ZERO prep work with minimal dishes to wash at the end. Seriously…this dinner can be on the table in less than 20 minutes!
For this recipe, I’m excited to partner with Seafood Nutrition Partnership who is hosting a recipe contest now through October 21st to show how simple, delicious and nutritious seafood can be. To participate and enter for a chance to win a $250 gift card, simply share a photo of a seafood dish you’ve prepared using 5 ingredients or less (not counting spices/garnishes) on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #HealthyHeartPledge and #SNPSweepstakes. A total of ten winners will be selected randomly, one a week through October 21st, and you can submit one entry per day. Winners will be announced at SNPSweepstakes.com and on Instagram and Twitter.
To recreate my recipe:
Toss the raw shrimp in a baking dish with the rest of the ingredients and dot with butter. So simple…but so much flavor!
If you love fried shrimp, then you NEED to try these…
The shrimp are buttery, crispy, and full of garlic…but still heart-healthy and low-calorie so there’s no guilt involved! Garnish with some fresh herbs and lemon juice for added zip…
And serve the shrimp on its own as an appetizer, with crusty wholegrain bread, over pasta with marinara sauce, on top of low-carb zoodles or salad, or on a bed of heart-healthy brown rice. It’s a versatile meal that appeals to all ages!
I hope that you’ll join me in taking the Seafood Nutrition Partnership‘s Healthy Heart Pledge to show that you recognize seafood is a healthy choice for you and your family and you’ll pledge to eat at least two servings of seafood each week and supplement with omega-3s. GOALS, my friends! Will you do the same?
Dump and Bake Crispy Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 ½ lbs. peeled and deveined raw shrimp I used frozen colossal size shrimp – 16-22 count per pound, which I thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter diced into very small cubes
- ½ cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh minced parsley lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish (about 13-inch by 9-inch) with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Place shrimp in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle garlic, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan over shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Spread into a single layer again.
- Dot shrimp with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 7-10 minutes (or just until shrimp are starting to turn pink). If you are using smaller shrimp, you will probably need to decrease the cooking time (about 6-7 minutes).
- Turn the oven broiler on high and place shrimp under the broiler for 2-3 more minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through and the crumb topping is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
Seafood truly is a wonder food and I hope that you will participate in the Seafood Nutrition Partnership 2016 Recipe Sweepstakes! A total of ten winners will be randomly selected in accordance with the Sweepstakes Schedule to win a $250 gift card. You can submit one entry per day. The winners will be announced on SNPSweepstakes.com, on Instagram, and on Twitter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends on 10/21/16. Open to all legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 and older. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit SNPsweepstakes.com. Void where prohibited. Good luck!