Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Easy dinner alert! There’s no need to even boil the pasta for this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Caesar Pasta! With spinach, roasted red peppers, and plenty of garlic, this creamy chicken casserole is a flavorful one dish meal that only requires about 10 minutes of prep.
Well, friends…I’m in the final countdown for Back-to-School around here. It’s hard to believe, but since my boys finished school in the middle of May, they’re already gearing up for the start of the new year on Tuesday!!! You know what that means?
It means that we’re back to the routine of homework, packed lunches, carpools, and multiple sports practices.
It means that I’ll struggle even more than usual to get the entire family together around the dinner table each night, and it means that I’ll be challenged to prep homemade meals amidst all of the juggling.
This Chicken Caesar Pasta Is Perfect For Busy Weeknights!
And that’s where this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Caesar Pasta comes in. Because while I know that we won’t eat an elaborate 3-course supper every single night, I can at least aim for a few quality meals over the course of a given week.
The rest of the time we’ll make do with leftovers, pizza, sandwiches…and even cereal!
So while it can be tough to cook at home when I’m also trying to supervise math worksheets, reading logs, and play dates, a family dinner is important enough to me that I make the effort.
The quality time together, even over a simple one dish meal, is a valuable way to come together at the end of the day — and it doesn’t require fancy food!
With a few simple, quick-prep, family-friendly recipes like this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Caesar Pasta up my sleeve, I feel armed and ready to conquer yet another chaotic school year.
This is one of those awesome meals that everyone loves, and best of all? The pasta, veggies and chicken are all included in one dish (no sides necessary)!
Cooking Just for Two?
This is a very easy dish to modify for a smaller family. Just cut all of the ingredients in half and prepare one smaller casserole in an 8-inch square baking dish. Cooking process and time will remain the same.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes;
- Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad
- Dump and Bake Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta
- Dump and Bake Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Chicken Caprese Pasta Salad
Dump-and-Bake Chicken Caesar Pasta
- 1 16 ounce package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 22 ounce jar Alfredo sauce (2 ½ cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing I used Newman's Own Creamy Caesar
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken or other diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers drained
- 1 9 or 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), stir together uncooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, chicken stock, Caesar dressing, chicken, roasted red peppers, spinach, and garlic. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or fresh chopped herbs, if desired.