This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
I’ve got lots of good news today for all of the chicken nuggets lovers out there! And if you also happen to love easy dinner recipes, then you’re in for a treat! Since all specially marked Tyson® chicken is raised with no antibiotics ever, moms can feel good about serving these products to their families!
With a house full of three hungry young boys, we definitely consume our fair share of chicken nuggets around here. In fact, if you ask Spencer what his favorite food is, he will often cite chicken nuggets as his top choice!
Since Tyson chicken products are a staple in our kitchen, it makes me so happy to know that they are made with a long-standing dedication to quality for the way that we want to eat today. That means that the specially marked Tyson chicken products (including a variety of fresh, refrigerated, and frozen options) are raised with no antibiotics ever, come from a strong heritage of raising chickens since 1935, and are made with 100% all natural* ingredients.
Plus, they’re just so darn easy! Any busy mom appreciates a meal that comes together in about 10 minutes — and that the kids will actually devour! I always make sure to grab some from Walmart.
Do you want to learn more about the specially marked Tyson chicken products that are raised with no antibiotics ever? Check out this video:
While a plate of chicken nuggets is one of our favorite go-to options, sometimes I feel like I need to pull together a “complete” meal that the whole family can enjoy together at the end of the day. When I want to incorporate some veggies and filling carbs into the mix, an easy Chicken Nuggets and Potato Tots Casserole is the perfect solution! This is a meal that the parents and the kids can all agree on!
I purchase my Tyson chicken nuggets, as well as the delicious crispy chicken strips, in the freezer section at Walmart.
Either of these products work well in this casserole recipe!
By keeping a stash of these ingredients in your freezer or pantry, you can whip up this easy dinner whenever you need a last-minute meal. Just start by baking the chicken according to package instructions.
Pro tip: add a few extra nuggets to your tray, because the smell of the chicken as it cooks will bring your children racing to the kitchen — and they won’t want to wait for you to finish the casserole before they can dig in! We consider these extra chicken nuggets the “appetizers” before our main course!
The chicken nuggets (or crispy chicken strips) form the base of the casserole. Then you add layers of creamy sauce, frozen veggies, cheese, and crispy potato tots before you pop it in the oven to get warm and bubbly. What’s not to love?!
It’s a one dish meal that’s incredibly kid-friendly, fun, and easy to throw together. In other words, this Chicken Nuggets and Potato Tots Casserole is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner!
Chicken Nuggets and Potato Tots Casserole
Chicken Nuggets and Potato Tots Casserole
- 20-25 Tyson chicken nuggets or Tyson crispy chicken strips – you want enough chicken nuggets to cover the bottom of your baking dish in a single layer
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables (such as a combination of peas, corn, carrots and green beans)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 32 ounce bag frozen seasoned shredded potato tots
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package instructions, until crispy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken nuggets in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Set aside.
- Whisk together cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour sauce over chicken nuggets.
- Top with a layer of frozen vegetables, then a layer of shredded cheese, and finally a layer of frozen seasoned shredded potato tots.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes (or until topping is crispy and golden brown and casserole is heated through).
Cooking for a smaller family? You can cut all of the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square pan.
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed.