Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
One more quick and easy chicken breast recipe to add to your collection! This Dump-and-Bake Cheddar & Bacon Chicken is cooked in a honey mustard sauce and topped with plenty of bacon, cheese, and fresh herbs for a hands-off dinner with only 10 minutes of prep!
If you’re like me, then you probably have at least one package of chicken sitting in your freezer right now. Do you want to run check?! I’ll wait here…
Even if I know that the meat is in my freezer, I’m often stumped as to what I should do with it! I keep some basics like chicken, ground beef, and frozen shrimp on hand for last minute meals, but I’m not always inspired when I’m pinched for time and I need dinner fast.
Ingredients – Here’s What You Need
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
This is a great new chicken breast recipe to file away for those days when you just don’t know what the heck to make for dinner…but you need it on the table in about 30 minutes!
My Cheddar, Bacon Chicken breast recipe is an easy solution that takes advantage of pantry staples for a rich, flavorful dish — without an extra trip to the grocery store!
It’s a simple dinner that will bring your family together at the end of the day, will make your picky little eaters smile, and will help you breathe a sigh of relief. One more dinner taken care of!
Cooks Tips – Dump & Bake Cheddar Bacon Chicken
- I like to use the pre-cooked bacon that you can buy at the grocery store to save time. I use kitchen shears to chop the bacon right over the dish — no knife necessary! And p.s. — you can also use the kitchen shears to snip your chives right over the dish! Just skip a cutting board altogether!
- Cooking Just for Two? This recipe can easily be prepared in smaller proportions by cutting all of the ingredients in half. If using only 2 thin-sliced chicken breasts, bake in an 8-inch square dish.
- Want to Prep Ahead? You can whisk together the honey mustard sauce ingredients in advance and keep the sauce stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for at least 1 week. Cook bacon in advance if you’re not using pre-cooked bacon from the store.
More Dump and Bake Recipes To Try;
- Dump and Bake Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Dump and Bake Sausage, Apples and Sweet Potatoes
- Dump and Bake Southern Chicken Salad Casserole
- Dump and Bake Meatball Ravioli Casserole
Dump-and-Bake Cheddar Bacon & Chive Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 thin-sliced chicken breasts or 2 large chicken breasts cut in half horizontally (about 1 lb. total)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or other vinegar of choice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon (divided) (about 1 ounce or 7 slices)*
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish (about 9-inch by 13-inch) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour honey mustard sauce over chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated. Top with chives, half of the bacon, and cheddar cheese (in that order).
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F and chicken is cooked through. The total cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. During the final 5 minutes, add remaining bacon to the top of the chicken. It will get nice and crispy as the chicken finishes cooking
- Garnish with additional fresh chives just before serving, if desired.
You make the best chicken recipes, Blair! I love using chives whenever I can, and of course, bacon makes everything better! This is a meal I know my husband will go nuts over!
Thank you, Gayle! I can attest that this is definitely a man-friendly meal!
Good! But WAY too much olive oil, I halved it the second time.
We really enjoyed this meal and put it in our meal rotation.
That’s wonderful! Thanks so much for letting me know, Melissa! So easy, right?! 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Love the calorie count in this easy and delicious dish! So colourful and I’m especially about quick in the summer months.
And summer is finally here – it’s going to be 90 here today!
Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend!
Thanks, Robyn! Yes, it’s a great way to get the bacon “fix” without overloading on calories! It’s going to be a hot one here today too, so we’re headed to the pool shortly! Have a great week ahead!
This sounds sooo good!
Thanks, Cindy! 🙂
Waow! Delicious looking dish! Definitely gonna try this weekend, I think my son would love it.
Thanks so much, Bonnie! Enjoy!
Looove the sound of this, you can’t go wrong with cheese and bacon!
So good, made it last night kids loved it, making it again tonight..Thanks cdw
Yay! Two nights in a row — that’s a huge compliment! Thanks, Charles!
Looks so good! I couldnt make them because i would eat way to much of them