Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Yes, you can indulge in rich, flavorful, Italian homemade meatballs — guilt free! These Baked Turkey Meatballs are a healthy and incredibly easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Plus, the leftovers freeze nicely for a simple meal prep option on your busiest nights.
Y’all…when I find a recipe that checks all of my “mom” boxes, it just makes me so happy! These turkey meatballs are the perfect example of just that type of meal…and they have me jumping for joy!
HERE’S WHY THESE HEALTHY TURKEY MEATBALLS ARE TOTAL WINNERS:
- kids love meatballs (duh!), so this is one rare dinner that I know the entire family will actually eat;
- the meatballs are light and healthy, yet still nourishing and satisfying;
- the ground turkey doesn’t get dried out or tough, but instead stays juicy and flavorful;
- they’re baked (instead of pan-fried), so they don’t require my attention or flipping on the stovetop;
- it’s nice to have some freezer-friendly options that I can stash away for super-busy days;
- it’s even nicer to know that I can throw together a healthy dinner from scratch in less than 30 minutes — any night of the week!
Have I convinced you yet?
If you’re ready to see how I pull together this quick turkey meatballs recipe, let’s get right to it! Your dinner awaits…
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS HEALTHY (AND STILL TASTY!):
This recipe is so easy, you guys! It’s basically a 3-step process.
Step 1: combine all of your ingredients in a bowl.
Pro tip: I use frozen pre-diced onion for a shortcut so that I don’t even need to pull out my cutting board or knife!
Step #2: Gently combine the ingredients using a fork or your fingers, and then use a teaspoon, a melon baller, or another small dough scoop to portion out 1-inch balls.
Pro Tip: Be careful that you don’t overmix the meat. Just make sure that everything is combined, and then STOP. Overmixed meat will be tough and dry when it’s cooked.
Step #3: Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake at 500 degrees F for about 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
Ta-da! Three easy steps to the most beautiful baked turkey meatballs!
Serving Ideas for these Turkey Meatballs:
- Toss them with your favorite jar of store-bought marinara (or make your own from scratch using this 20-minute recipe), and serve over spaghetti or zucchini noodles;
- Tuck them inside these 5-Ingredient Dump-and-Bake Meatball Subs;
- Use them in this Weeknight Meatball and Tortellini Soup;
- Stir them into a Dump-and-Bake Italian Meatball and Rice Casserole or into a Dump-and-Bake Meatball Ravioli Casserole!
The options are endless, so I’d love to hear how your family enjoys them, too!
More easy turkey recipes that you might enjoy:
- Turkey and Pesto Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use a fork or your fingers to gently combine all ingredients. Be sure that you don’t overmix the meat mixture or it will be tough and dry.
- Using a teaspoon or melon baller, shape turkey mixture into 1-inch balls. Drop on prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 6 – 8 minutes.