This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
Layers of fresh fruit, roasted almonds, creamy pudding, and cake donuts create a decadent dish that’s perfect for a special brunch celebration! In only 15 minutes, you can prepare a beautiful Almond Berry Donut Trifle for a quick and easy make-ahead breakfast or dessert that is sure to wow your guests!
I’ve got to say: this might be one of my all-time favorite recipe creations! I adore trifles for dessert, so imagine my delight when I realized that I could serve one for breakfast!!!
The layers of different ingredients and textures come together in a perfectly sweet, creamy, and crunchy treat. And with Mother’s Day on the horizon, I can’t think of a better way to spoil the special lady in your life!
We all know that I’m not much of a baker and I love a good shortcut. My patience and my lifestyle don’t allow me to spend hours in the kitchen crafting the perfect flakey homemade croissant or multi-layer cake from scratch, but I can still impress my guests with some fancy-looking tricks. That’s one more reason that I love this recipe so much! There’s no baking involved and almost no prep work to deal with. You can assemble the dish in a matter of minutes and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy!
With ingredients like fresh berries, Blue Diamond’s Honey Roasted Almonds,
vanilla-almond flavored creamy pudding, and donuts, your tastebuds will be singing a happy Spring tune!
Plus, they’re pretty…and when you’re serving mom a sweet treat for brunch, presentation gets you a loooooong way (she doesn’t need to know that it only took you a few minutes to prepare)!
[Tweet “Just 15 minutes for the ultimate make-ahead #brunch: Almond Berry Donut Trifle! @BlueDiamond”]
Almond Berry Donut Trifle
- 2 pkg. (3.4 ounces each) vanilla flavored instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 donuts, each cut into 8 pieces (I used plain cake donuts)
- 1 cup fresh berries (I used a combination of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- ½ cup chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Beat pudding mixes, almond extract, and cold milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Layer half each of the donut pieces, pudding, berries, almonds and whipped topping in trifle dish or large bowl; repeat layers (ending with whipped topping).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (this trifle can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance).
- Just before serving, garnish top of trifle with sprinkles, additional chopped almonds, or additional fresh berries!
This recipe can also be prepared in individual bowls or jars. Depending on the size of your bowls, you may just be able to create one layer of each ingredient. That works, too! If your individual bowls are relatively large, you will probably only get about 8 servings from the recipe.
Looking for other delicious brunch recipes? Try these favorites: