Layers of fresh fruit, roasted almonds, creamy pudding, and cake donuts create a decadent dish that's perfect for a special brunch celebration! In only 15 minutes, you can prepare a beautiful Almond Berry Donut Trifle for a quick and easy make-ahead breakfast or dessert that is sure to wow your guests!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
I've got to say: this might be one of my all-time favorite recipe creations! I adore trifles for dessert, so imagine my delight when I realized that I could serve one for breakfast!!!
The layers of different ingredients and textures come together in a perfectly sweet, creamy, and crunchy treat. And with Mother's Day on the horizon, I can't think of a better way to spoil the special lady in your life!
This Donut Trifle Is No Bake And Fast Prep!
We all know that I'm not much of a baker and I love a good shortcut. My patience and my lifestyle don't allow me to spend hours in the kitchen crafting the perfect flakey homemade croissant or multi-layer cake from scratch, but I can still impress my guests with some fancy-looking tricks. That's one more reason that I love this recipe so much!
There's no baking involved and almost no prep work to deal with. You can assemble the dish in a matter of minutes and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy!
With ingredients like fresh berries, Blue Diamond's Honey Roasted Almonds,
vanilla-almond flavored creamy pudding, and donuts, your tastebuds will be singing a happy Spring tune!
Plus, they're pretty...and when you're serving mom a sweet treat for brunch, presentation gets you a loooooong way (she doesn't need to know that it only took you a few minutes to prepare)!
Looking for other delicious brunch recipes? Try these favorites:
If you’ve tried this Almond Berry Donut Trifle or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Almond Berry Donut Trifle
- 2 pkg. 3.4 ounces each vanilla flavored instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 donuts each cut into 8 pieces (I used plain cake donuts)
- 1 cup fresh berries I used a combination of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- ½ cup chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 8 ounce tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Beat pudding mixes, almond extract, and cold milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Layer half each of the donut pieces, pudding, berries, almonds and whipped topping in trifle dish or large bowl; repeat layers (ending with whipped topping).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (this trifle can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance).
- Just before serving, garnish top of trifle with sprinkles, additional chopped almonds, or additional fresh berries!