This quick and easy 5-Minute Pink Salad comes to us from a kind blog reader, whose family has enjoyed the sweet, fluffy fruit salad at holidays and potlucks for decades! You won’t believe just how delicious 4 simple ingredients can taste…
I recently received a comment on this post from a sweet woman who had recently spent some time digging through the recipe archives on my site. I imagine that she must have stumbled across my recipe for Aunt Bee’s 5-Minute Cherry Crunch Dump Cake, because she was inspired to share this delicious concoction (which reminds me a lot of that beloved dump cake)!
After a quick glance at the ingredients for this Pink Salad, I instantly knew that it would be a hit. You can’t beat the combination of cherries and pineapple, and we’re obviously fans of “fluff” salads around here. Have you seen my Pink Ambrosia Salad, my Orange Pineapple Fluff Salad, or my Dreamy 6-Cup Ambrosia Salad? Clearly it’s a genre that we know and love!
While this Pink Salad is very similar to the fluff salads that I’ve shared before, I had never tried a recipe that included sweetened condensed milk. That stuff is basically liquid gold, so I was very curious to see how it would change the flavor and texture of the fruit salad.
Let me tell you: this is GOOD. The sweetened condensed milk definitely yields a smoother consistency, while the Pink Salad maintains that fluff that we love from the Cool Whip. I can honestly say that this particular version was even more popular with Keith and the boys than some of my other recipes. They absolutely LOVE it, and we have enjoyed it as both a sweet side salad and as a special dessert in recent weeks. One serving is never enough!
This reader mentioned that when her family is “feeling fancy,” she likes to substitute lemon pie filling for the cherry. I think that sounds tasty as well, and I can’t wait to try it! You just won’t be able to call it “Pink Salad” if you use the lemon instead!
I hope that your family enjoys this simple side or quick dessert just as much as my family has. It’s a great make-ahead option for a summer potluck, for a church brunch, or for a holiday buffet. It’s certainly my boys’ preferred way of eating their fruit!
5-Minute Pink Salad
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free, but any type will work)
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping (I used Sugar Free Cool Whip, but any similar variety will work), thawed
- Make sure that your whipped topping is completely thawed (by placing it in the refrigerator overnight). Also make sure that your pineapple is very well drained. I like to put the pineapple in a mesh colander and then squeeze it dry with a towel.
- In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk, cherry pie filling, and drained crushed pineapple. Gently fold in the whipped topping just until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Want to prep ahead? This salad keeps very well in the refrigerator for at least 3 days!
Want to keep it lighter? You can use sugar free or Lite Cool Whip, fat free condensed milk, and lite cherry pie filling.