This Mexican Ranch Chicken Salad is full of tender meat, crunchy tortilla chips, beans, cheese, and fresh vegetables — all tossed together in a creamy and zesty Salsa Ranch dressing. It’s the perfect crowd-pleaser on a warm summer evening!
If you have a potluck or cookout to go to this season, I highly recommend that you bring this salad along. Everyone seems to love Mexican-inspired flavors, and this dish is no exception. It’s easy to prepare, it’s packed full of flavors and textures, and it’s filling enough to serve as a main course on a hot summer night.
When the weather is warmer, I find salads to be very appealing at the end of a hot day. To please the men in my house, I also serve cheese quesadillas alongside this dish. They’re the perfect vehicle for scooping up those last little bits of tortilla chips and Salsa Ranch dressing!
Here’s the quick and easy recipe:
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup salsa or taco sauce
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) bag tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced onion
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together Ranch dressing and salsa.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl, toss with dressing, and serve.
Looking for other delicious entree salads? Try these favorites:
Chinese Chicken and Cashew Salad