This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyComeback #CollectiveBias
The classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate come together in a nutritious, energy-packed snack that your family will LOVE! These No-Bake Crispy Granola Bars pack chia seeds, oats, coconut oil and protein into a delicious on-the-go snack or make ahead breakfast option. And while they taste like a decadent cookie dough treat, they only have about 130 calories per serving!
Do you guys remember the M&M’s® Crispy from years ago? Well, they’re back (thanks to so many consumers’ requests)! The delicious milk chocolate with a crispy rice center is the perfect versatile snack or dessert, and for this chocolate-loving family, they were a must-have purchase on a recent stop at CVS!
I love we can grab an individual bag (which has just 180 calories) for a quick snack, or I can pick up a larger bag to use for sharing or cooking. When I saw a big bag of them on the shelf at CVS, I instantly knew that I wanted to incorporate them into a fun new recipe for my family.
I have no problem allowing my kids to indulge in sweets every so often, but I consider it a small victory when I can pair these treats with other incredibly healthy ingredients for a delicious and simple snack. My boys LOVE that they are allowed to have chocolate, and I’m excited that they’re also consuming chia seeds (i.e. OMEGA 3’s!), protein, wholesome oats (fiber!), and healthy fats. These no-bake granola bars taste like dessert, but they’re nutritious enough for an on-the-go energizing breakfast or snack.
Would you like to see how quickly they come together?
Here are the ingredients that you need (all items that I had waiting for me in the pantry after my quick M&M’s® Crispy stop): chia seeds, oats, vanilla protein powder, M&M’s® Crispy, crispy rice cereal, honey, peanut butter, and coconut oil!
First, you’ll roughly chop about 1/4 cup (or an individual-sized bag) of the M&M’s® Crispy. Try not to eat ALL of them while you’re working!
Then all of the dry ingredients are mixed in one bowl…
while the wet ingredients go into another.
Microwave the wet ingredients for about 20 seconds, stir them together, and you should have a nice, smooth binder for your bars. Is there anything better than peanut butter and honey melted together?
Why yes, there is. It’s peanut butter, honey, and CHOCOLATE mixed together!
Just pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and toss until fully combined. It will look and taste like cookie dough!
Then you need to press the mixture into a pan that has been lined with wax paper or parchment. I like to use the back of a large spoon or spatula to get them packed REALLY firmly in the dish. That way the bars will hold together really well after you cut them later.
Decorate the top of your bars with additional M&M’s® Crispy if desired, and then pop them whole tray into the refrigerator for a few hours (or overnight) so that they can firm up.
Once the bars are really firm and chilled, slice them into squares.
Keep any extras in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to enjoy!
I wish that I had captured a shot of a little baby hand reaching onto the table as I was snapping photos. This little guy could NOT wait another second to eat his bar!
They brought a smile to his face, and with his brothers’ help the first batch of these goodies disappeared within a matter of days!
Here’s the handy printable recipe:
No-Bake Crispy Granola Bars
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped M&M’s Crispy (about one 1.35 ounce package), plus additional for topping
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup peanut butter, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place remaining ingredients in a small bowl and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until softened. Stir, stir, stir until the ingredients are completely combined and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Line a square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper and use the back of a large spoon or spatula to press the mixture into the pan.
- Don’t be gentle! Take your time and really press the mixture down firmly so that the bars hold together properly.
- Decorate with additional M&M’s Crispy.
- Refrigerate until firm (at least a couple of hours, or overnight).
- Cut into bars or squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Question: Are you a former M&M’s® Crispy lover, or are you anxious to get your hands on a pack to try them for the first time? How will YOU enjoy them?
Looking for other great on-the-go snack ideas? Try these: