With just 5 healthy ingredients and 5 minutes, you can satisfy your sweet tooth and nourish your body – no butter, oil, flour, or eggs necessary! These 5-Minute No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars are packed full of nutrients and tons of delicious flavor, making them the perfect option for healthy snacking in the New Year!
So, folks…the month of January is not over yet. How are those New Year’s Resolutions coming along? Have you fallen off of the healthy living wagon? Are you bored with the same old salad and grilled chicken that you’ve been munching on since January 1? If so, you have come to the right place!
I strongly believe that a good variety of good-for-me snacks is the key to maintaining healthy eating habits. My tastebuds don’t get bored, and my stomach doesn’t get hungry. That way I’m not desperately rummaging through the cabinets for a chocolate fix late at night because I’m starving. Instead, I feel satisfied and energized throughout my busy days.
Today I’m sharing a delicious new recipe that I know you will love. It’s the ultimate snack trifecta: fast, delicious, and healthy!
With the help of my food processor and just a few simple ingredients, these No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars come together in 5 minutes and there’s no baking involved! You can keep the extras in your refrigerator or freezer so that you have quick and easy snacks on hand whenever hunger strikes.
Are you curious about what’s inside?
Into my food processor I added unsalted roasted peanuts, dried strawberries, oats, a touch of salt, and Sunsweet® Amaz!n™ Prunes. That’s right – the secret ingredient is prunes, and you wouldn’t know it unless I told you! They just add the perfect amount of chewy texture and sweet taste to these nutty treats.
Amaz!n™ Prunes are a good source of fiber for only 100 calories per serving. They are nature’s perfect way to feel good with nutrition and delicious taste. Prunes also have a low glycemic index, which means they keep you feeling fuller longer. They add a powerful boost of nutrition and fiber to snack time!
I’ve been enjoying prunes as a regular part of my diet ever since I became pregnant with my first baby about 6 years ago. They are just so darn good for my entire body! Studies suggest a variety of positive effects from certain nutrients in prunes. Prunes may promote healthy bones, and thanks to their potassium, they may help prevent hypertension and stroke. A good source of fiber, prunes can help with regularity and improved digestive health too. Pretty awesome for a fruit that tastes so great, right?
If you’re curious about adding Sunsweet® prunes to your diet, you should also be sure to try PlumSmart® Light and Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes. The PlumSmart® Light is a juice that is made from a special variety of fresh, juicy plums and has only 60 calories and 15 grams of carbs. It helps us stay fit on the inside by providing a good source of fiber. It tastes SO good on its own, but it’s also the perfect addition to a smoothie!
And if you like your prunes in cute little bite-sized pieces, you will love the Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes. A handful is a nutritious snack, but they are also ideal for adding flavor and fiber to cereal, oatmeal, salad, muffins, and any other recipes that you can dream up! One serving of these diced prunes is a good source of fiber for only 100 calories!
Once you grab a bag of the Sunsweet® Amaz!n™ Prunes or Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes, be sure to whip up a batch of these 5-Minute No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars. I promise, you will NOT be disappointed, and your body and tastebuds will thank you!
5-Minute No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup Sunsweet® Amaz!n™ Prunes or Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes
- ½ cup dried strawberries
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt increase to ½ teaspoon if you like a little more salt
- Place oats in food processor and pulverize. Add remaining ingredients to the oats and blend until well combined. Dump mixture into a small pan (I used a 6-inch by 8-inch glass dish) and use hands to press evenly into smooth bars. You can spray your fingers lightly with cooking spray to prevent them from sticking, if you want. Make sure that you press the mixture VERY FIRMLY into the pan so that the bars are very dense. Otherwise you will just have crumbs that don't stick together. If the dough still doesn't seem sticky enough to hold together, you can always try adding a little bit of water, honey, or additional prunes until it comes together.
- Once I have the mixture pressed into the pan, I like to refrigerate the bars until they firm up slightly -- this makes it very easy to slice them!
- Wrapped tightly, the bars keep for about two weeks in the refrigerator, or they can be frozen.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.