Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Valentine’s Day is really all about chocolate, candy hearts, and other sweet indulgences. I’m not complaining – that’s exactly how it should be! But this morning, I have a healthy dish to share with you that will still manage to sweeten the day for your Valentine, even without any added sugar.
This Valentine Fruit Salad is really just a regular fruit salad comprised of watermelon, strawberries, and raspberries. It’s a little more special, though, because the watermelon is cut into heart shapes. It’s a simple and easy way to make your family feel loved this week – whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch, or snack. In fact, I think it’s the perfect companion for this French Toast Casserole.
I used the smallest heart from this set, which I received from my wedding registry years and years ago.
Doesn’t everyone register for heart-shaped cookie cutters when they get married? True necessities for any newlywed kitchen.
Have a very happy, very sweet week!
Valentine Fruit Salad
- 1 individual-size seedless watermelon
- 1 16 oz container strawberries, sliced
- 1 6 oz container raspberries
- Slice watermelon into large slices. Lay a slice flat on a cutting board and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to punch out individual hearts. Repeat with remaining slices of watermelon.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon hearts, strawberries, and raspberries and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.