Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
In a breakfast rut? This Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal will add spice back into your mornings, and it only tastes and sounds decadent. In reality, this is a perfectly balanced breakfast for cool fall mornings.
This warm, hearty meal is ready in minutes, and all you have to do is push the buttons on your microwave! With sweet potato, oats, pecans, and milk, it covers all of the major food groups for a healthy start to your day.
I used a can of this sweet potato puree, which is deliciously thick and smooth. However, if you prefer, you can substitute an equal amount of canned pumpkin instead.
The protein, fiber, fats, and carbohydrates in this filling bowl will keep you fueled and energized all morning. Best of all, it feels like you’re indulging in a special treat!
Here’s my quick recipe, which serves 1.
Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk use any kind of milk, but do not use water – that won’t be creamy enough, and the milk is good for you!
- ¼ cup sweet potato or pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- Combine oats, vanilla, pie spice, salt, brown sugar, and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Make sure that the bowl is large enough because the milk and oatmeal will bubble up a little bit while in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potato and microwave for an additional 60 seconds.
- Stir, allow to cool for a few minutes, and top with pecans before eating.
Enjoy this post? Join me on Facebook and on Pinterest to keep up with our adventures!
Linking up here at Funday Monday!