Easter and Spring are just around the corner…and that means that I have carrots (and bunny rabbits) on the brain! My family loves this vegetable in just about any form – cooked, raw, sliced, chopped, or diced. When I want an easy side dish that I know will please everyone, this recipe for Glazed Carrots is at the top of my list.
These sweet, buttery carrots come together in about 10 minutes and only require a few ingredients. Perfect for those last-minute, weeknight meals!
- 1 pkg. 16 oz frozen sliced carrots
- ¼ cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook carrots according to package directions (I just steam mine in the microwave for about 8-9 minutes).
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in butter until translucent. Add brown sugar and salt; cook and stir until brown sugar is melted.
- Drain carrots and toss with onion mixture. Serve immediately.