Shortly after the boys finished their breakfast (and I made sure that they had some real food in their bodies), I pulled out the super-sugary ingredients to make these Marshmallow Snowmen. The kids probably enjoyed eating candy at 8:00 a.m. more than they appreciated the end result, but it served as the perfect entertainment when we had some extra time to spare.
Here’s What You Need (makes 2 snowmen):
- 6 jumbo marshmallows
- 2 popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- a small tube of white frosting or cake decorating gel (your “glue” for this project)
- 4 M&M’s (your snowman’s buttons)
- 2 orange ice cream sprinkles (your snowman’s nose)
- 2 Oreo cookies (the brim of his hat)
- 2 brown peanut M&M’s for the top of your snowman’s hat (or small Reese’s peanut butter cups would work great – I just didn’t have any on hand)
- miniature chocolate chips (the eyes and the mouth)
1. Start by pushing three marshmallows onto a popsicle stick. This is your snowman’s body (duh!).
2. Using the white frosting as glue, stick on chocolate chip eyes and a mouth, a sprinkle nose, and M&M buttons. Use a dab of frosting to stick the cookie to the top of your snowman and add the peanut M&M’s on top.
Maybe I need a manicure for Christmas?
Gibbs and Casey enjoyed eating the snowmen straight off of the stick:
But they also make a nice garnish for hot chocolate (or in my case, coffee)! This sugar rush will definitely get you and your kids moving!